g o o d b y e s a n d h e l l o s

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Ten months later, (Y/N) could definitely say that she had become a better person. Her teacher — whose name she learned was Chiba Yasu — had helped her understand more about her quirk and how to make good use of it.

Her quirk was a form of hydrokinesis and she could control rain. With more intensive training, she could extend her power to control more than just rain, but it would take time.

In the ten months that she was here, she learned that she could change the chemical compound and temperature of rain — something that could prove useful when trying to harm others.

"Why would I want to do that?" she remebred asking, startled that her teacher would ever make her do something like that.

"You are a hero. There will be times when you need to harm some villains to protect others. You cannot have peace without violence."

She found his ideals ridiculous. In her eyes, peace can only be achieved through peace alone. Using violence meant taking a step back. However, she decided not to question it. She wouldn't ever use it but if push came to shove—

It was a daunting task, but she learned how to control the amount of rain. She could either make the area of impact larger or smaller. She also learned to make rain fall all at once instead of in droplets so that the pressure would compress and kill instantly.

She shuddered at the thought of killing people. It wasn't something she wanted to do. She was a hero and she vowed to never stain her hands with blood.

She didn't have enough time to learn other skills, but she could make water sprout from the ground like a fountain.

"It's time to go already, huh?" She said softly, looking at the distance, "Time flies so fast."

"I guess it does, doesn't it?" Chiba-sensei said from behind her, "I have so much more to teach you but I'm afraid it couldn't be possible."

"When I have time, I will always come back to visit you, Chiba-sensei!" She exclaimed, "Maybe then you can teach me more."

He gave a heart chuckle and sat down beside her on the porch. "Remember when you first came to me? You were a blank canvas and now, you've grown so much. It took only ten months but you've learned a lot. You'll become a great hero."

(Y/N) didn't know how to reply to that. It may sound childish but she didn't want to leave. She had found a family here — maybe closer than her own — and she felt like if she opened her mouth, she would start crying.

"Well, pack up your bags. You need to be home on time and get enough rest," he added, "The entrance exam is tomorrow."

"This is my home."

(Y/N) didn't know why but she had to get that out. Chiba-sensei looked at her and his eyes softened, "Of course."

He handed her two things : her phone and a large box.