p r a c t i c e

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It turns out that (Y/N)'s magical ability to create rain inside a building was in fact a one-time thing.

She had gone to her plant shop with her brother right after school, deciding that if she could harness the power again, making the shop wet would be better than ruining the furniture in her house.

He had looked very excited as he encouraged her to try doing it again. Maybe she was imagining it but his eyes almost sparkled.

In the end, no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't do it again. She summoned her power but she failed each time. The faint taps of rain could be heard outside but nothing penetrated through the roof.

"I don't know what I'm doing wrong!" She exclaimed, "I had it. I literally did it in school."

"I know," her brother replied as he pursed his lips, "I was hoping that you would be able to do it again otherwise I would have to go through that annoying process of teaching you."

"Is it that bad?" She felt really bad for him if that was the case.

"No, I'm just really lazy. I don't want to do it."

Any shred of pity she had for him vanished. "Teach me, you dumbass. It's literally your job!"

"Yeah, I teach UA," he fired back, "I don't give out personal lessons."

"You did before the entrance exams. Stop lying and start working."

"I did that because I didn't know we were related. I would have let you starve to death in the forest if I knew beforehand."

"Stop lying!" she said, kicking him lightly, "You did know! You were probably like, oh my god that's my poor sister I have to help her. You're a big softie and you probably followed me so that you could get me to notice you."

"Shut up no I didn't."

"Yeah okay."

"Keep talking (Y/N)," he challenged, "Let's see how you do without my guidance."

"You wouldn't."

Taking that statement as a challenge, he walked out on her. (Y/N) was stunned; she didn't think he would actually do it. When he opened the door, he looked back at her with a smug smirk and continued walking away. All that was left was the soft tinkling of the wind chimes.

She waited for a while, thinking that he would come back but nothing happened. She couldn't believe it.

Petty.

(Y/N)
asshole

Chiba-sensei
i can't read 
oops