f i r s t d a y

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It wasn't that (Y/N) was nervous; she was scared shitless.

She stood outside her deatignated classroom — 1A — and heard people chattering inside already, but she just couldn't bring herself to go in.

She kept staring at the door handle as if she was hypnotized and her feet refused to move.

I can't get cold feet so soon, she thought and took a deep breath.

"You've been standing there for a few minutes already," a feminine voice pointed out, "Are you nervous?"

(Y/N) looked to her side and saw a cute brown haired girl with rosy cheeks.

"Yeah, a little bit," (Y/N) chuckled, "I'm just not sure if I'm going to belong in here?"

"Well, if that's the case, I'll be your friend so you feel like you belong in here!" The brown haired girl declared suddenly, taking a hold of (Y/N)'s hands, "My name's Ochaco Uraraka."

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N)," the said girl replied back, "Thank you."

Ochaco smiled and opened the door to the classroom, still holding (Y/N)'s hand tightly. Everybody turned to look at them when they entered and (Y/N)'s stomach did a back flip.

"Hi," she muttered quietly while Ochaco was beaming next to her.

"Oh, it's you!" A guy with glasses made robotic movements with his hands while pointing behind (Y/N) and she looked back to see Izuku, "I'm Tenya Iida from Soumei—"

"Oh yeah, haha, I overheard, I'm Midoriya," Izuku replied, putting his hands in front of him almost like he was trying to keep his distance, "Nice to meet you Iida."

"I must hand it to you. I was blind to it, and I completely misread you! I hate to admit it but you were the better man," Iida continued and (Y/N) assumed that something must have happened during the ceremony that she must have zoned out on.

"I'm Ochaco Uraraka and this is (Y/N) (L/N)," Ochaco introduced the both of them and (Y/N) was thankful for that.

"I see," Iida said, "Nice to meet you too, Uraraka-san, (L/N)-san. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you a couple?"

At the question, both Ochaco and (Y/N) turned bright red, letting go of each other's hand. (Y/N) was about to deny it when she heard a loud voice.

"Her?" Of course, it was Katsuki like always, "Don't make me laugh. (Y/N) can't get anybody to like her even if she tried."

(Y/N) had to admit, that sentence hurt her a bit more than it should have.

"You dont have to be so mean, kacchan! I like her," Izuku declared in her favor. When he realized what tumbled out of his mouth, he turned beet red and tried to fix it quickly, "A-as a friend, of course!"