h e a v y r a i n

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The police were initially planning to question the four of them but one look at (Y/N) and ten minutes of conversation with the parents later, they were all free to go.

Before returning with their parents, Ochaco and Izuku hugged her and offered words of comfort. Izuku, she noticed, hugged her tight, almost as if he didn't want to let go, as if he thought something might happen if he did.

It made her feel helpless and fragile. But she wasn't helpless nor was she fragile, right?

Before leaving, Izuku squeezed her hand one last time and left, a look of concern clouding his eyes. His mother stared at (Y/N), her mouth etched into a sad frown that reflected her own.
Nobody said a word.

Lastly, Katsuki reached out to hug her and his mother followed suit. "I don't know what to say," Mrs. Bakugou confessed, "I'm so sorry that I can't offer any words of comfort. I hope things will turn out alright." A kiss on her forehead one final hug. It all went away too fast.

"You're going back home right, kiddo?" A police officer — one that wasn't Tsukauchi — asked as they watched the mother and son duo walk away silently. No. She wasn't going back at all.

Was this some kind of joke? He was a police officer so he should know the proper procedures and this definitely wasn't it. She stared at him for a couple of seconds before realizing that he was serious.

She nodded, mustering a small "yes." The police officer nodded and told her to be safe. (Y/N) walked until she was out of sight and then stoppes, stuck between not wanting to go back to the terrible place but not having a place to go to.

The plant shop may have been a good idea, being in the comfort of her safe haven among all the different plants,  but it didn't register in her mind at that time.

(Y/N) walked around the city on autopilot until she reached a staircase that led to the top of a parking garage, one that was pretty high up. Going all the way to the edge, she stared at the city illuminated by the half moon. Everything looked so peaceful, too peaceful.

Her eyes scanned the buildings in front of her and as she looked at the lights in the skyscrapers, she thought about how every single office light represents a person. It provided her with a strange sense of comfort.

The little houses and apartment complexes were also lit up, most likely with people who were having a good time with their families, home with the ones they cherish.

(Y/N) didn't feel so comforted anymore. Jealousy seeped through her bones and she didn't want to look at the pretty scenery anymore. Instead, she walked back down with no clear destination in mind. Wandering through the streets in the dark, she let her feet lead the way.