p i t t e r p a t t e r

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lunchtime rolled around pretty soon and as she sat down on her usual table, she was bombarded with questions.

Most of those questions were the same, asking about her brother and why she never mentioned him before.

"Honestly, I'm surprised. You seemed like an only child," mentioned Jirou and most agreed.

"Believe me, so did I," (Y/N) confessed, unsure of what parts of her story she should reveal, "I just found out a couple of days ago."

Since everyone was huddled around her, she didn't feel comfortable sharing the whole story. She left out parts that involved death and her parents being villains. When she finished, she could tell that everyone was bewildered. The three people that were there with her on that night could piece together missing parts of the puzzle that the others couldn't. The story probably had loopholes for those who didn't know the full story — which was that the two ex-pros that were murdered were her family — but she didn't bother explain the missing pieces.

Somewhat satisfied and not wanting to pester her further, the people that didn't usually belong in that lunch table went back to their own and (Y/N) was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief.

"I thought I would die," she said, "They were all crowding around me."

"Having a murderous pro hero as a brother is a big deal," Sero chimed in.

"Believe me, he gets it from his parents."

"Those old folks?" Katsuki asked, "They don't have an ounce of violent tendencies in them."

"Not them," (Y/N) closed her eyes as she remembered her conversation with her brother, "The actual ones." She didn't really want to fully explain it yet as she herself was still processing the full story.

He hummed in acknowledgement and didn't press further, somehow knowing that she didn't want to talk about it right now. What a good friend, she thought. At times like this, she was glad that those around her could basically read her thoughts.

"At least I'm glad you don't seem angry at anyone anymore," Kirishima commented while scarfing down his food, "When you were avoiding my Bakubro over here and you wouldn't even sit at the table, I wondered if something really bad had happened that drove a wedge between you guys."

"I was never mad," (Y/N) replied with a smile.

The rest of the guys laughed about not believing her and how obvious it was. "What's with girls trying to hide when they are obviously mad?" Kaminari commented with a smirk, "We're not that dense." (Y/N) laughed along with them because it really was true, she wasn't mad at anybody. It's just that her parents died and they played a really dark game of scavenger hunt so she was traumatized.