h o m e s w e e t h o m e

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

There was something really appealing about home. It was calm yet lively. It was small in number yet big in spirit. It housed a family not of blood but a family of bond. It was everything that one could ask for.

Despite being the house of one of the greatest and bravest heroes, the house was fairly average. It didn't look extravagant but it didn't look shabby. It didn't look as though it housed someone with lots of money but it didn't look as though the people didn't live comfortably either.

Although (Y/N)'s joy and pride was her plant shop, her home was the place (Y/N) loved introducing people to, not just because of how it looked but more of the vibe that it carried. Maybe it was just her but it was so homely.

"Your house is really cute!" Ochaco piped up as they stood in front of the door, "Even from outside, I can sense the coziness. I don't know how to describe this feeling but it just makes me feel happy."

"Thank you," (Y/N) replied with a smile, patting the enthusiastic girl on the head, "Do you guys want to come in? We're just going to say hi to them, eat some food because the food is the best thing I can't wait to introduce it to you guys, and then we'll leave."

"Sounds great to me," Izuku replied, mirroring her grin, "Right kacchan?"

"Yeah whatever, just get it over with."

(Y/N) smiled at the three, happy that they were here with her at her house.

She took out her key and opened the front door, taking in her surroundings. She loved the smell of home. Her nose took in the all-too familiar scent of candlewood and vanilla. It smelled like a bakery and the candlewood provided a nice touch. It was like Ochaco said, the house was very cozy.

"Come in, just take your shoes off at the rack over there," (Y/N) pointed to the wooden shoe rack near the door.

Everything in her house was mostly made of wood. She loved the natural feel of it but it dawned on her that if there was ever a case of bedbugs or termites, her family would be in big trouble.

"I'm home," she said to the empty living room, "And I brought some friends with me if that's okay."

There was no response because her adoptive parents were probably watching television loudly in the dining room next door or they were sleeping soundly. Sometimes, they'd be really tired from their work — even as retired heroes, they loved their line of work — so they'd doze off and today was no different.

While wandering around the living room, (Y/N) found a plate full of chocolate chip cookies laid out on the sofa. "Want some?" She asked her companions as she took the plate and held it out. They all grabbed a cookie before she set it back down again.

"Let's check the dining room now," she said, motioning for them to follow her, "I'm sorry if it's like taking too long because I can't find them."

"Stop talking and just go."