c y c l e s

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

(Y/N) woke up tired the next day. All evening, Katsuki had poured out his feelings and she listened silently. It was surprising that he trusted her that much to open up about these things, but she was glad.

She felt like she had grown closer to him and she also understood why he acted the way he did. Of course, it didn't justify his actions, but it gave an insight.

She smiled slightly as she recalled yesterday's events and got out of bed. She looked at the clock, which read, 6:25.

I swear I'm waking up earlier and earlier each day.

She looked back at the closed box and the necklace that lay atop. Her smile fell a little and she remembered how she accidentally destroyed her mentor's gift. Not only that but her quirk was useless now.

"That's pathetic. You lose that shitty chain and suddenly, you're useless," Katsuki had said yesterday. She remembered how she laughed it off but a part of her was hurt because she knew it was the truth.

A soft sigh escaped her lips and she decided that she would research a bit more about this topic so that she wouldn't become "useless."

She changed into her school uniform, grabbed the key to her shop, and put on her shoes.

"Oh, darling. You're already leaving?" An old voice croaked and the sound almost made (Y/N) think the old lady was dying.

"Are you okay, mom?" She asked with a concerned tone. Lately, her adoptive parents had been losing their voices little by little and it pained her to hear them.

"I'm okay, (Y/N)," the old woman coughed, "Don't worry about it. Have I ever told you how I love it when you call me mom? It keeps me young."

"You're always going to be young in my eyes," (Y/N) laughed and the old lady chuckled, "I'll be going to the shop now."

"You are?" The old lady couldn't hide the disappointment in her voice, "I feel like you haven't had a good meal with us for so long. We want to treasure the last moments with you."

(Y/N)'s head snapped to the old lady, her eyes filled with worry. Did I hear her right?