f a m i l i a l b o n d s

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Time passes by when you're having fun and (Y/N) was definitely not having fun.

In all of her classes, her mind wasn't focused on the lesson but on unrelated topics. And the clock. She focused a lot on the clock, so much that the tics and the tocs of the hands drove her crazy. She averted her gaze and tried to focus on something else such as Present Mic's loud voice going over English grammar structure or Mineta drooling sloppily on the table as she snored but nothing worked.

The ticking of the clock was loud and clear, permeating  throughout the room in a rhythmic pattern. It was almost mocking her and her life that wasn't as rhythmic.

She caught her thoughts in time and sighed internally. The sound really was driving her crazy. So crazy that she had even given it human characteristics such as the ability to mock.

She couldn't blame herself though, she had done the same thing yesterday night with the rain and thunder. She really needed to get a hold of herself.

"May I be excused to go to the bathroom?" She raised her hand and  asked as Present Mic called on her. He looked at the clock — that cursed clock — and nodded.

(Y/N) had never walked out of a classroom so fast. She needed the fresh air, she needed a distraction, and most of all, she needed to be away from the sound of the clock.

"Someone seems eager to leave," a blonde boy with grey eyes joked as (Y/N) closed the classroom door behind her, "Could it be that 1-A is so dreadful even their students don't like it?"

"And you are?" (Y/N) asked, although she wished she hadn't. He seemed like the type who loves to talk and hearing his voice for more than five minutes straight might be enough to drive her crazy and she might actually want to hear the dreadful ticking again.

"Monoma Neito, Class 1-B."

We had a class 1-B? (Y/N) thought silently but after seeing the offended look on the boy's face, she realized that she had said it out loud. I thought these things were only tropes in fan fictions that were overused?

"You've spoiled my mood now," the boy muttered as he stomped away like a child throwing a tantrum. While questionable, it was also a bit endearing and (Y/N) found herself giggling. "Goodbye to you too."

The door behind her opened and (Y/N) almost lost her balance. "Oh, (L/N)-san, I thought you were in the bathroom?" Todoroki asked, seeming a bit confused as to why the girl was hanging out near the classroom door.