r i g o r o u s

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

She wanted to back out.

After the elderly woman told her about starting from the beginning, she realized that she wanted to redefine what her quirk was. She had just simplified it to "creating rain" and she knew that there was probably more to it.

Maybe that's why she was standing in an abandoned rainforest right now.

Did I make the right choice? She couldn't help but wonder, The old woman doesn't lie.

The elderly woman had a quirk that would be deemed useless by many pro heroes — she could tell one vague phrase that would help somebody figure out what they wanted — but (Y/N) put her complete trust in it.

(Y/N) had asked the woman to use her quirk in order to tell her what to do but she replied that she had already gave it away.

From the beginning, huh, (Y/N) remembered thinking as she wondered what it could possibly mean.

That's how she got here.

A rainforest, she stated in her head, hoping that she hadn't made the wrong choice when packing her bags and moving here for three months, The place where everything begins. At least, I think.

She was rethinking her choice as she walked through the muddy path, hoping to find something there. The forest was vast and she had absolutely no idea where to go.

Maybe she was going to starve to death here. Maybe she was going to survive but not learn anything.

She set down her bag that contained all the necessities and she scanned the area around her. Tall trees and grassy areas extended as far as the eye could see. Everything looked exactly the same and she had no doubt that she would get lost.

She was about to sit down on the muddy forest floor when she noticed a withered flower.

Poor thing, she thought, It hasn't received water or been cared for.

She activated her quirk and made it rain so that the water could receive a bit of nourishment. It wouldn't magically revive the flower but it would help a little bit.

"FUCK!" She heard a loud yell from her right, "WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN?!"

The yell seemed to echo in all directions but she remembered where it directly came from. Her right.