w a r m t h

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Izuku wasn't a detective but he could tell that something happened right before he arrived. He saw (Y/N)'s puffy eyes and her red palms. He also didn't miss the lone orchid sitting on the counter. One thing that gave it all away was how Katsuki wasn't there and how (Y/N) was pretending that it was normal.

"I haven't seen you in such a long time and I'm glad to be back," (Y/N) said, trying to strike a conversation with Izuku. There was no way that she didn't notice how he noticed that something happened.

"I'm glad you're back too, (Y/N)-chan!" He replied, his eyes still reflecting concern, "What were you doing in the ten months that you were gone?"

"I went to a rainforest in order to train my quirk," (Y/N) revealed, "I'm much better at handling it now. What about you, Izuku-kun? You look like you've done some extensive training as well."

It was true. Izuku was wearing a short sleeved shirt when he was visiting her and she couldn't help but notice how muscular his biceps were. When he hugged her, she felt how ripped he was. His physique was completely different than the scrawny male he used to be.

"I guess you could say I've also been training," he admitted, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly, "I'm serious about getting into UA."

(Y/N) smiled at him, her eyes soft with admiration. Izuku was born with a setback and yet, he didn't let that stop him.

"I think you definitely will get into UA, Izuku," she declared softly, "Ever since the day I first talked to you, I sensed it. You give off a peculiar vibe and you have an attitude that sets you apart from others. You're going to be the greatest hero in the world."

She wrapped her arms around him and patted his head lightly, engulfing herself in his warmth. He returned the hug. When she pulled away, she handed him a single flower.

"It's a borage," she informed when she saw his confused look, "It symbolizes courage. I've admired that about you for a long time and I wanted to give this to you before the exam. Good luck tomorrow."

Izuku stood there in stunned silence until a pale pink blush adorned his freckled cheeks. (Y/N) giggled at how adorably flustured he was.

"T-thnak you so much!" He practically yelled, "I won't disappoint you. I'll crush it at the exam. I mean, at least I think I will. I've tried my best to train and I'm pretty sure that even though I might not be as good as I try to be, I probably can—"

"Izuku," she interrupted, "You're rambling. You're fine. You can do this."

"Thank you!" He yelled again but then his eyes went to the counter. (Y/N) followed his gaze and it landed on the single orchid that lay there.