d r e a m

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

(Y/N) woke up drenched in sweat. It was a strange dream, strange yet terrifying. She couldn't remember much of it once she woke up, but she knew that it was important. Some key moments from that dream still stuck with her and she was scared that she would forget it, so she yanked her phone off the charger and began typing everything she could remember.

The memory was still fresh in her mind. She was walking in the garden — it was too big to be a garden and the plants were all overgrown — with her deceased mother. The former pro hero, Avenir, looked so peaceful unlike how she had looked just a few weeks ago.

She lead (Y/N) to a small white table with macarons laid out on a porcelain plate. Her father was brewing tea with a small smile on his face. He too looked so peaceful. It was almost as if the recent events hadn't happened.

"Sit down," the old woman had said as she ushered (Y/N) into the chair. A cup of tea was placed on her hands. Warm, she thought. She waited to drink it. The tea transformed in her hands. What used to be a calm swaying turned into violent splashes.

Suddenly, she was inside the teacup, in a small little boat, trying not to crumble under the pressure of the big waves and the heavy storm. All she had was a tiny wooden boat with a small sail. Her mother, who was right next to her pulled her closer. "The rain brings about winds of change. It is up to you how to steer your boat."

Her memory failed her after that point. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't remember the rest of it. She couldn't shake the nagging feeling that there was more to her dream, something more significant. And yet, she didn't know what it was.

It was the most frustrating feeling in the world.

The smell of breakfast and green tea wafted into her room, reminding her that there were more pressing matters at hand — her stomach. (Y/N) walked downstairs and greeted her brother who had already set the table.

She wondered how he did things so early in the morning but then her mind flashed back to the ten months in the rainforest. He was a very punctual person and he would wake her up at four in the morning to train every single day. She thanked the universe that he didn't do it anymore now that he lived with her.

"I believe that for the most part, you guys will be training your quirks for the UA Sports Festival today," he said as she sat down to eat and she saw a glimpse of his old self from ten months ago, the one that was extremely focused on training her quirk. "You're not participating but I think that this is a good opportunity for you to hone your skills as well. It will serve you well in the future."

"What happened to good morning?" 

He rolled his eyes. "I'm with Class 1B as their instructor today so I will be training with them. I would have normally trained you like I did back before the entrance exam since we have similar quirks but I have responsibilities now."