b l a c k h a i r

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

(Y/N) decided to walk to the UA campus alone the next morning. She woke up in a good mood and her adoptive parents sent her off with plenty of encouraging words.

She opened what Chiba-sensei had given her and saw a bunch of stuff. There were potted plants, a letter, some other things wrapped in tiny boxes, and pair of shiny earrings that caught her eyes. The earrings were a large circle hanging from a long chain.

It was simple but she loved it. There was a note taped to the earrings.

"For good luck, huh?" She mused as she read the note, "Don't mind if I do."

Right after she had finished putting on the earrings, the elderly woman called her from downstairs.

"(Y/N)! If you don't leave by now, you'll be late."

Those words reminded her that she needed to be there soon so she ran to the bus stop that headed to the prestigious academy.

When she reached the school, she was a bit earlier than usual. She didn't mind so she went inside and sat in the seat closest to the door.

Little by little, students started pouring in and the speech by Present Mic started.

(Y/N) hadn't paid any attention whatsoever to the speech by the time that it ended. All she knew was that there were going to be robots and she had to defeat them.

She smiled because she knew that they were some sort of machinery. And almost all machines have one weakness. Water.

She stood in front of the giant gate with other future classmates of hers and she wasted no time going into the mock city when Present Mic announced the start of the test.

Right as she entered, a robot — which she recognized as a 1-pointer — loomed over her figure but she was quick enough to use her quirk.

She concentrated a little to make it rain in just one area above the one pointer and controlled the rain so that it would fall all at once.  It went exactly as she planned and compressed the robot, which gave off a few faint buzzes before completely shutting down.

Bingo.

(Y/N) wasn't a fan of violence but she found this fun. It was like a harmless little game of laser tag. Maybe she could get used to this.

"That was so cool!" She heard somebody shout from in front of her. She squinted a bit at the figure and saw that it was a black haired boy who was coming near her. "It just dropped to the ground instantly!"

"Uh, yeah," (Y/N) replied to the energetic male, unsure of what to say, "Water is its weakness."

"Do you want to partner up?" He asked her with a bright smile, "My quirk is hardening and we might be a dynamic duo."

(Y/N) didn't know why he was asking this. According to the rules of the competition, the person who defeats the robot is the only one who gets the point.

It seemed as though the boy in front of her knew what she was thinking because he said, "Maybe like one of us will defeat one and another will defat another one and we can watch each others' backs?"

(Y/N) thought that it was a good idea and she really didn't care if she got less points than him anyway.

"Okay then," she smiled and held her hand out, "What are we waiting for? People are already defeating them as we speak."

He returned the grin and clasped her hand as they ran through the mock city, searching for opponents. They defeated the enemy like they promised they would, giving both a turn and watching each others' back.

(Y/N) didn't want to admit how much fun she was having while defeating the robots and watching her partner — whose name she learned was Kirishima Eijirou — use his hardening quirk to fight. It was impressive.

"That wasn't so hard," he commented after the time ended, holding his hand out for a high five, "We were the manliest duo out there."

"We were," (Y/N) replied as she got up and started getting ready to head out when Kirishima's voice caught her attention.

"What happened to your other earring?" He asked, pointing to (Y/N)'s left right ear that was empty. She brought her hand up to that area and realized that it was missing. "Was it an important earring?"

(Y/N) nodded, her heart beating loudly in her chest; it was just a pair of earrings but she cherished it.

"Don't worry," Kirishima said, taking a note of the look on his newly-made friend's face, "I'll help you look for it."

(Y/N) wanted to protest because she didn't want to cause someone else trouble but she knew that she wouldn't be able to find it alone. She unclipped the other earring and gave it to him so that he would have some kind of reference when searching for it.

They both took off in different directions, searching for the lost object. (Y/N) was careful and looked intensely at every single corner, hoping to find it there.

After a while, she had explored almost half of the fake city but still hadn't found it. She felt like crying and she was disappointed in herself for being so careless.

As she was about to give up, she heard her friend's voice shouting. She turned around and looked at the black haired boy who smiled victoriously, holding the lost earring in his hand.

"Kirishima, you angel," she said as she handed her both of the earrings.

"It wouldn't be manly if I made a promise and couldn't keep it."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

And another chapter comes to an end okay wow bye.

I couldn't update yesterday because I was stranded in a place without WiFi oof

Yuki078