f u n e r a l

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Whenever tragedy strikes someone, people focus on it for a few days. Then, the world moves on like nothing ever happened.

It had only been three days since the news of her parents' horrific death but the topic slowly began to die down. (Y/N) knew this was inevitable but it still saddened her. They were never going to get their lives back. Her own life would never be the same again. Her friends, who are just as traumatized as her, would not be okay for a long time. And yet, in just three days, everything slowly seemed to return back to normal.

Everyone was just waiting for one thing: the funeral.

The date was drawing closer and (Y/N) had to go on with her daily life, pretending like nothing happened. A select few knew about the incident either because they were there or because she told them. Aside from her three friends, Koda, and the pro heroes who were close with her mother, nobody knew a thing.

A part of her did not want to tell anyone about this because she feared that they would treat her differently. Yet, another part of her desperately wanted them to know so that the burden could be lifted from her shoulders.

How should I bring it up? (Y/N) thought as she wondered how she would ask her three friends who were there that day to attend the funeral. She was so focused on her thoughts that she wasn't even paying attention to the English lesson and it was apparent. However, Present Mic did not say a word.

It's not too weird to ask, is it?

Maybe if she asked Yasu, he would know what to do. He always knows what to do. Even when she was in the abandoned rainforest with him for ten months, he seemed trustworthy and wise. Despite his age, he spoke eloquently and he knew what he was saying. Although his work as a pro hero was questionable, (Y/N) felt that she could rely on him.

Using her status as a person who just lost both parents in a horrific way, (Y/N) excused herself from the classroom.

She had been doing that a lot these days. Every now and then, she would step out of the classroom and take long breaks. She was sure that her behavior was bothering the teachers bit nobody ever said anything because of the fact that her parents recently died.

Right as she closed the door and turned around, (Y/N) came face to face with the blonde from Class 1B. Monoma Neito, if she remembered correctly.

"You again?" He sighed as he saw her, not even bothering to hide his displeasure, "I always see you skipping class. 1A students really suck huh?"

"Skipping class is kind of my brand now," she shrugged as she walked along with him, "If you see me skipping all the time, what does that say about you?"

He was clearly bothered by her following him and he didn't even try to hide it. "Get lost."

"I have nowhere to go."