՞՞66՞՞

"Nick's not picking up." I was pacing around the house, probably on my 10th try to contact him.

"Neither is George," the worry in Clay's voice was prominent, "why didn't you tell me earlier? When we could still contact them?"

"You weren't home when I was talking to Nick, and when you came back I wanted to talk to you so I forgot."

He sighed, but I don't think he had the right to judge me. If I left him to find George and Nick, he'd probably lose his mind and ignore me for the rest of my life.

"I- mghm, I'm gonna go find them, stay in touch." He groaned, running his fingers through his hair.

"No, I'm coming too!" I couldn't just sit here and do nothing.

"It's cold, someone needs to stay in the house cause we don't have keys and I don't wanna drag you into bars and nightclubs."

"I found the keys," I remembered seeing them hanging from the wall, "and it's okay, just let me change real quick."

He knew that arguing with me when I was determined in something wasn't going to change anything. He just nodded and went to change himself. We both chose comfortable yet somewhat presentable clothes, cause entering a bar looking homeless wouldn't be ideal.

"Ready?" I heard him from the other room and did the finishing touch by putting on some perfume.

Instead of answering I just got out of the room. We quickly put on our jackets and shoes, turning off the lights in the house before locking the door and thinking about our next step.

"Let's just walk down the street see what we can find, keep calling them maybe they'll pick up." Clay ordered, making me nod and follow him.

After 10-15 minutes of walking we finally found the first bar. Without thinking much about it, we entered. The eerie atmosphere and the choking smell of the cigarette smoke were already too much, but we made our way all the way to every nook and cranny, looking for George and Nick. They weren't there.

"This is pointless," I sighed as we got out, "we're going nowhere."

"Let's check those two clubs down the street. We'll go home if they're not there." His hot breath was breaking through the freezing air, creating a fog which was blocking his face features.

The nightclub we were about to enter had booming music that was loud enough to be heard from outside. The ground surrounding the building was vibrating from the bass.

We didn't have our IDs on us, but the fact that they didn't even ask for them showed how much of a crappy place it was, just thirsty for clients.

Clay grabbed my hand to keep me stuck to him before we could go deeper. It was crowded. Crowded to the point that we wouldn't find George and Nick even if they happened to be here.

But we both knew that we had to separate our ways to look for them. As much as Clay didn't want to do that, I left him to look around in the dancefloor and made my way to the bar area.

I was getting lightheaded from the overwhelmingly loud music and wasted people half-consciously jumping on the dancefloor.

But at least I found Nick. I could tell that it was him even by looking at his back, even though George was no where near.

I quickly made my way to him, seeing him spin on the bar stool lightly. I harshly tugged at his shoulder to make him face me, my anger was too much to control.

"Where the fuck is Georg-"

Oh no.

It's not him.

I slowly backed away after apologizing, but the guy stood up with a disgusting smirk. He took small steps towards me with the vodka shot in his hands. I knew it was vodka from how badly his breath reeked of it.

"No no no, we can look for George together, c'mere." I didn't know if his voice was really that disgusting or it was just me.

"Back off." I warned, standing strong on my feet and watching him get even closer.

Why is there no one in this area.

"Oo, this looks fresh," he tried to touch the hickey on my neck that I forgot to cover up, but I jerked away, "feisty."

I knew that waiting for Clay to show up and save the situation wouldn't be the best option, and him doing that at the exact same moment I needed wouldn't be realistic. So I waited for the guy to come closer and did what I'm best at - kicked him in the balls.

He was too drunk to be able to get up after that, which gave me the perfect opportunity to go back as soon as I could before anyone could come and find us.

And finding Clay wasn't that hard of a task cause apparently he was coming to find me. Long story short, he saw me trying to leave the scene of the guy on the floor with his vodka shot poured all over his clothes, rolling in pain.

"What-" I didn't hear him over the loud music but I could read his lips.

Without answering I clung to his arm, forcefully making him turn around. I dragged him away from the bar before the guy could get up, and as we were back in the dancefloor, I felt my phone vibrate in my hand.

Never in my life I thought this would make me happy. Nick was calling.

The music was too loud to answer, but I couldn't let go of the chance of talking to him. I answered the call and dragged Clay out of the club with me, finally hearing what Nick was saying when we were out.

"Ayooo!" He was basically screaming with a slurred voice, "I'm so confuseeeeddd!"

"Oh my god, Nick, where are you?" The good thing was that instead of hearing loud music all I heard was George laughing in the background.

"We're like home, but I think we got the house WRONG!" He started cackling at his own words, "Like the door is fuckin LOCKED hHHHHHhhh-"

Both me and Clay sighed in relief. They actually were able to get back home alive, and that's all we needed for now.

"Stay there, we're coming back," I ordered as Clay took my hand once again - this time to make me walk as fast as him, "stay on the phone."

I had to entertain Nick enough for him to not hang up. We couldn't afford losing the connection with them once again.

We got there in a lightning speed, and even though my leg muscles were burning, I was just happy to see those idiots sitting on the ground infront of the door.

They looked wasted. Actually gone. Gone to the point that they didn't recognize me and Clay until we spoke to them.

"Are you out of your minds?" Clay helped them up as I unlocked the door, "Who's idea was this?"

"Wait what- why are these questions SO FUCKING HARD DUDE!" Nick was just screaming nonsense at this point, while George was smiling like an idiot and saying nothing.

We had to drag them home and literally throw them both on each side of the sofa, which was luckily big enough for them both to sprawl comfortably.