՞՞24՞՞

"What? What happened?" I wish we were on facetime so I could see his face expressions, cause he wasn't being very expressive with his words.

"I don't know where to start, I'm actually so stupid it's just ughh," he kept avoiding the topic, "I'm so mad at myself, so fucking mad for being a dumb idiotic piece of shit."

"Can you just speak? You're making both of us anxious." This was probably the first time I heard him swear so much.

"What is there to say. I cannot get myself to speak on the phone- maybe it's better if I text? Ughh I don't fucking knooww."

He got me to a point where I just wanted to end the call, call George and tell him to come get his friend. But I knew that I couldn't just leave him like this, and George almost always sleeps with his phone muted. And the fact that he trusted me enough to decide to call me after Sapnap and George didn't pick up made me realize that now I had responsibilities.

"Drop your address, I'm coming." I sighed.

"Ah- I- yeah, thanks."

The next 40 minutes were wasted on me showering, getting ready and getting an uber. And another 50 minutes on getting to his place, because the driver refused to drive properly. The car was literally walking.

But luckily I got there before midnight. Knocking on the door, I checked the time which said 11:32. And now I wait. Why is he not opening. I should knock harder.

The second time knocking didn't give any results either which worried me a lot. I almost broke the door the third time I knocked, before pulling my phone out to call him.

And as he picked up, an old lady in her pajamas opened the door with squinting eyes.

Not again.

"I- hi- I'm.. I'll call you," I quickly ended the call with Dream, knowing damn well that he'd make fun of me if he knew that I got the wrong person again. Not my fault it was dark and I couldn't see anything, "uh, hi miss- I.. uh.. did you order food?"

"Hello?" She sounded and looked old and confused. But at least she also sounded sweet, "No.. I didn't."

I fucked up again, but at least I could make the best of it.

"Oh.. isn't this the 11th house?"

And just like that, I got her to point at the house I was looking for, apologized and left. No one even has to know.

I called him back and acted like nothing happened, saying that I was going to ask where his house was but I found it and told him to open the door.

He opened the door with a shirt and sweatpants. His hair was messy, all over the place, his undereyes were not looking at their best. His stubble from the last time we met was gone tho.

"Hey." I said walking in, throwing my bag on the couch immediately before taking off my sneakers.

"Hi." He wasn't like his usual energetic self, and I could tell it just by a single hi.

"How are you?"

"Well that's a rhetorical question." He sighed.

I remembered where his bathroom was, went in to wash my hands before I could do anything else. When I got back, he was walking towards his room. Following him I took a seat on the corner of the bed, watching him fall on it and sigh audibly.

"So?" I repositioned myself so that I could look at him.

"So.." he started, "so I was talking to this girl on snapchat before I blew up- ugh this is so frustrating. Like I had a following but still managed to reply to fan snaps most of the time. And I think that girl was the first who added my official account and we started chatting. Ughh, I don't know how to put this."

I waited for him to continue, not saying a single thing yet.

"We had been talking since then. I sent her a face pic yesterday. And uh.. she screenshotted."

My mouth parted but nothing came out. I knew how hard he worked on keeping his identity private. And on the other hand, I didn't even screenshot the pictures my closest friends sent me on snapchat, so it did sound and feel weird even without the face reveal thing.

"Did you text her after that?" I was sure there was a way to solve this, "Maybe she wants to blackmail you. That's the best case. Just drop her some money, she's not gonna ask for millions, and done."

"She's not answering. I don't think she wants money, I should've known better." He covered his face with both of his palms.

I was more than sure that the picture was going to get leaked. I just felt bad that his face reveal was gonna be against his will.

"Oh well.. maybe do a face reveal before she leak-"

"No."

I raised a brow at how aggressively he interrupted me.

"You know it's gonna get leaked, at least do it properly-"

"I said no."

"What do you have to lose? She didn't screenshot it to set as a wallpaper and stare at it. Either live with it or-"

"You don't fucking get it, alright?"

I was getting irritated at this point. What was there that I didn't get?

"What? Were you attached to her? Don't tell me an online girl broke your heart-"

"Noo, what the fuck, no."

I knew that it wasn't the case but I still had to try. And the way he answered seemed pretty genuine to me.

After looking at him blankly as he groaned and covered his face with a pillow, it finally hit me.

"Wait.. was it just a face pic, Clay?"

It was probably the first time I was calling him by his name. He reacted by tightening his grip against the pillow that was covering his face. To the point where his knuckles dared to turn white.