՞՞39՞՞

The days flew by after the conversation we had about visiting George. Before I knew, Clay bought all three tickets without telling me and Nick about it. Obviously we got mad at him, but he refused to let us pay back saying that we earned more money for him than he spent on us.

And about Nick. His flight to Florida is tomorrow, and our flight to London is in 3 days. And we literally have nothing planned.

That whole thing bothered Clay the most. He was all over the place, getting me and Nick on a group call and blaming us for leaving everything until the last few days.

He was on his way to pick me up. We decided to spend the day at his place figuring out our plans, sleep the night there and drive to the airport the next day to welcome Nick.

I knew better this time and actually packed some proper clothes and things I needed in general for those few days at his place. As much as I liked wearing his clothes, I had no reasons to do so anymore.

I heard the familiar obnoxious engine sound and looked out from the window. He needs to stop driving like a psychopath and shortening the 40 minute drive to a 25 minute one.

Anyways, I had everything prepared and the only thing left to do was grabbing my phone and charger. I grabbed a pair of sunnies too, just for the style.

And when I finally locked the door and turned around, he was leaning on his car as usual, typing something on his phone which turned out to be a text directed to me that let me know about him being here. He sent it before actually noticing me.

"Heeey!" He pulled the blonde strands that were peaking from under his beanie away from his eyes.

"Hii!" I'm not gonna lie, I missed him, "Look at us, matching again."

I didn't know how it happened, but somehow both of us were always in jeans and hoodies whenever we met. And this time we were both dressed the same way - all black.

"Yeah. We should totally date."

Stupid remark of the day number one.

"Or we can be the two pretty best friends..?" I shrugged.

"I don't know how to feel about this," he scratched the back of his neck, "you're calling me pretty and friendzoning me at the same time. But I'll take it."

The ride to his place was less stressful this time. Maybe because we kept talking the whole time and he didn't have enough concentration to speed up like he usually does. I wonder how many tickets he gets in a single week.

When we were finally at his place, I took a breath of relief. How come his room felt this relaxing to me? I liked being here more than I liked being in my own room.

It was barely 6 p.m. but I was already so tired. Knowing damn well that his room felt like an incubator, I took off my hoodie, proud of myself for wearing a shirt under it. Then I fell on his bed, watching Patches jump on me and lie on my stomach.

"We need to make a list of things we need, so that we can go out and buy them once Nick is here." He started with his bossy behavior right away.

"Yeah just give me minute or two." Both of us knew that I was a minute or two away from napping.

He sighed, following my earlier act of taking off the hoodie. Except he wasn't wearing a shirt underneath, and I had to watch his muscles flex while putting one on.

Jerk.

"Stop staring." He tried to sound offended, but I could hear the smugness in his voice.

"What is there to stare at?" I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction that easily.

"I don't know, what were you staring at?" And there goes the smirk.

"Couldn't find anything to stare at to be fair." I shrugged, petting Patches to distract myself.

I was so glad that he ended on that, grabbing a pen and a notepad from his desk and falling right beside me on the bed. Patches didn't move a bit tho, she stayed there on my belly which made me feel superior.

And I had to refer to it.

"That moment when I get more pussy than you do."

The way he had to prop himself on his elbow to look at me with wide open eyes gave me so much satisfaction.

"What is up with you today? Jesus.." He chuckled, sounding somewhat defeated. I was just giving him a taste of his own medicine.

"I don't know, I'm just in a good mood." I grinned, feeling proud that I finally adapted to his idiotic jokes.

"Well you're definitely putting me in the mood."

Maybe I spoke too soon after all.