՞՞147՞՞

I'm not proud to say that we were too scared to go bring Nick's pillow and blanket from the living room. But I don't blame us either, cause the only thing keeping us sane was the coziness of being in a locked room all together.

Besides, we didn't even have battery to use a flashlight and find our way to the living room and back, cause Nick used the last 1% of battery to go to the bathroom.

"You have no other choice than to share a bed with me and Patrick." Nick looked like he was happy about everything that lead to this moment.

Me and Clay were speechless. We really had no other choice than to nod, cause none of us wanted to sleep on the hard floor without even a pillow or a blanket.

We also were speechless about the fact that Nick was probably the only one who was careless enough to fall asleep in a condition like this. Me and Clay were probably going to keep an eye open in case something happened.

"Here, you can have my pillow, me and Liz will share." Clay spoke, settling in the middle of the bed.

"Or me and you can share so Liz can sleep comfortably." Nick offered.

I puckered my lips, holding back a laugh cause I was very close to making another joke about their relationship and hopefully ruin it. But remembering the torturous past hour when they wouldn't stop fighting, I chose to keep the joke to myself this time.

"We'll share, it's okay." I finally spoke as Clay was pinching my arm for the past few seconds as desperate attempts for me to save him.

I could imagine how loud Nick's snoring was gonna be tonight. And I could also see why Clay was avoiding the middle spot of the bed.

And hours were passing with all of us trying to stay awake for a bit more. But it was hard when we had absolutely nothing to do. And by saying nothing, I really mean nothing.

The first person to fall asleep was Nick. Obviously. He wasn't snoring yet tho, which was an opportunity for me to close my eyes and relax a bit.

I wasn't even lying down properly, I was leaned back on the headboard. So it was a mystery how I fell asleep extremely quickly.

Maybe that was the reason why I started having nightmares where an army of red-eyed dogs were following me with foaming mouths, yet my eyes wouldn't open properly for me to see where I was running.

My brain still couldn't decide if my body was asleep or awake, so it combined the two variants, making me try to sleep in my own dream, cause my eyes were closed in reality.

And when one of the dogs bit my ankle and I screamed in my nightmare, my misfunctiong brain mixed up the two dimensions once again, making me jump with a small scream in real life.

"Lizzy?" I heard Clay's voice and it took me a second to come back to reality, "oh my god. I didn't want to wake you, you were twiddling in your sleep."

His whispers were soothing and so was his touch. He had one of his hands on my shoulder and the other on my thigh, trying to stabilize my body cause I was breathing heavily. I could also hear my heart beating in my throat.

"What time is it?" I spoke.

"I don't know.. I don't have a clock in my room." Clay's words made me remember that we had no electricity in the house.

"You've been awake the whole time?" I asked, looking at him then trying to find Nick who was on the edge of the bed, snoring lightly.

"You haven't been asleep for too long. I don't think it's been an hour even." Clay admitted.

I felt like I'd been asleep for literal hours, and I hate when that happens to me. I also hate the fact that our only indication of time was the sun that didn't even want to rise.

This time I didn't make the mistake of falling asleep tho. I stayed awake so that Clay would feel safe enough to get a little bit of rest as well, as he was the one "guarding" us all along.

But the poor guy fell asleep right at the sunrise, minutes before Nick would wake up.

I waved at Nick, not wanting to use my voice cause Clay was clung to my arm and I didn't want to wake him up.

"Yo.. I was fighting werewolves in my dream, that was so fucking epic." Yet Nick didn't get the hint. He didn't even bother to whisper.

That made Clay snap his eyes open immediately, whispering "werewolves" under his breath and looking around the room before he'd come back completely and understand what was going on.

"Oh my god, we're so pathetic.." I laughed, realizing that we spent the night locked in a bedroom just because the darkness made us paranoid. Now that we could see our surroundings, nothing was scary.

Right after my words Patches meowed from under the blankets, as if she was agreeing with me. Apparently she slept with us on the bed.

"My knee touched Patches at night," Clay yawned in the middle of his sentence, "I almost kicked her.."

I widened my eyes, gasping from the thought, "What the fuck, why?"

"I thought I was touching Nick's balls."

I'd lie if I said I was expecting a decent answer, but at least I didn't want to get traumatized.

"What? My balls aren't fluffy, fuck you." It was funny how Nick got so offended.

They started arguing again, but after a while it was finally time to be productive. Clay decided to go to the neighbor's house and ask to charge his phone there. I've seen that neighbor before and I doubt the old sweet lady would mind.

And after charging his phone, the plan was to call someone who could fix the lights. And after that we had to clean around the house, make it look presentable before George would come.

He was caring enough to tidy up his house when we visited, and welcoming him in a dark, haunted trashcan wouldn't be that nice.