՞՞4՞՞

I didn't know what to expect from the FaceTime, but my instincts made me run to the mirror and make myself somewhat presentable. Of course he wasn't calling to see my face or show his face, but extra safety is a good thing.

I was quick enough to at least brush my hair before he called. Getting back into my gaming chair, I swiped the icon.

I saw his PC screen on my phone screen, along with his left hand on the keyboard and right hand on the mouse. I wasn't sure how he propped his phone but the results were undeniably good.

I felt stupid and awkward for showing my face but also knew that it was my only option. What else was I supposed to show on FaceTime?

"Oh, hi," he sounded surprised too, "uhm- George never told me your name by the way." I watched him hurriedly relocate all of the app badges on his PC screen as he was talking.

"Oh, it's Eliza but people call me Lizzy or Liz-"

"Alright, Eliza," he completely ignored my previous remark and ran the command, "so this is what we have right now," I watched him punch the air in minecraft as he was showing me the upside down world, "the blocks are normal I guess? It's just the sand, water and lava that are not behaving.. oh the gravel too apparently."

I squinted, bringing my phone closer to my face to see what he was showing. But his actions stopped for some reason. Instead of pouring the lava from the bucket, he was punching obsidian with it.

"Are you gonna show me or not?" I raised a brow.

"Oh yeah, got distracted," He chuckled and flipped through his inventory to grab a water bucket, "so as you can see, the water is supposed to flow up cause it's an upside down world, but it flows down."

"Have you tried the flipped gravity thing? That might work." I suggested.

"Yeah, it just made the whole thing crash. We need something less complicated."

I huffed. For a second I forgot that we were still on FaceTime and it might've been hella awkward for him to sit and watch me think in silence.

"Alright, I'll figure something out and contact you," I snapped out of my thoughts, "get some sleep, it's getting late."

"Yeah, no.. my sleep schedule is fucked up, but thanks," I watched him close the game, "goodnight, Eliza."

I fought back the urge to roll my eyes and just chuckled with a "night" as I ended the call.

Even though I told him to sleep, I didn't have any intentions to do so. I got in bed and opened my laptop, getting back to coding. I decided to work on a specific part, the part which makes the water and lava flow upwards without using the actual method. Coming up with the code and trying to fit it in the original one was the hardest part, and the fact that I couldn't run the game to check my progress was beyond irritating.

However, I ended up with something that I thought would work. Being the impatient person that I was, I grabbed my phone to text Dream and send him the code.

3:43 a.m.

lizzil bet you're asleep

I didn't have to wait for too long. The typing bubble appeared right away.

Dreamwastaken sleep is for the weak

lizzil attachment

lizzil run this

Dreamwastaken ight

lizzil no wait get on ft I wanna see it too :(

Dreamwastaken wanna watch your code fail miserably?

lizzil ouch

lizzil I sacrificed my sleep for that

lizzil you could be nicer

And that's when I got a FaceTime call from him.