՞՞46՞՞

Right after I got ready, we left the house. Shopping with them was not the easiest thing turns out, as they had to call for me to review each product before they took it.

"Just choose the regular bodywash you used to get," I complained, tired of running from place to place to assist them, "what would you get if I wasn't here?"

"Wait.. we were supposed to take showers before you were here?" Clay's stupid remark made Nick laugh. And that just shows how low their standards are.

I finally managed to get away from them and buy my own hygiene supplies in peace. The fact that they bought a lot of stuff didn't mean I would feel completed without buying a separate shampoo, conditioner, body wash and other things I might need. I'm not washing my hair with their 8 in 1 soaps.

When I finally got everything and paid for them all I decided to go check on them. I only found Clay though, which was good and bad at the same time.

"Where's Nick?" Was the first thing I asked.

"Are you looking for him?" He raised a brow.

"Your job here was to answer my question," I didn't know why his words irritated me so much, "and nothing more."

He chuckled with a smirk. Everything about him seemed so overly confident and cocky today.

"Went to buy shaving supplies." He finally bothered to answer.

"Don't you need any?" I was hoping he wouldn't say that him and Nick will share a razor.

"Do I look like I can grow a beard in a week?" He laughed. I liked his facial hair, or should I say the lack of it.

I desperately wanted to ask him something but didn't know if doing so would be a good idea or not. But after a few seconds of complete silence I decided to go for it.

"Hey.. did uh.. Nick.. ask anything?" All I could do was hope that he wouldn't come back and interrupt again. And maybe hope for a negative answer.

"He did."

I was getting frustrated that I had to ask him something after his every sentence so he could continue.

"How did it go?" I realized I was holding my breath.

"It went good." His answers were so laconic and teasing.

"What did he ask?" I was trying my best to not lose my temper.

"He asked what's going on between me and you."

Him putting us together in a sentence made my muscles tense up. And him being casual about it frustrated me.

"What did you say?" Patience is the key.

"The truth." He shrugged.

"And what's the truth?" I pressed my teeth together.

"You know the truth."

I wish we were in the kitchen section and there was a knife nearby. A butter knife to be exact, as I wanted him to suffer as much as possible.

"Our truths don't match."

I didn't know why my words made him smirk, but at least they also made him speak.

"I told him that I like you."

I pressed my teeth together, trying to figure how I felt about this whole thing. He said those words in a way that twisted my guts. Now Nick thinks we're hiding something.

"Okay?" I tried to seem as unamused as possible. 

"And he asked if you like me back." He smiled.

"And you said..?" I swear I was going to kill him if I found out that he said yes.

"I said that I'd find out if he didn't walk in and interrupt."

He spoke casually and with his goddamn smirk, which both irritated and intimidated me. I did find his confidence extremely hot, but my own confidence choked me, pushing everything aside and making me act in a way that would only feed my own ego.

"Okay.."

I knew that he expected a reaction. It would be natural for me to give him some type of an answer about how I feel about the situation. But he doesn't deserve to know anything.

"Okay?" And just as I expected, he was seeking further explanations.

"Yeah." I liked how the situation took a turn and got in my hands.

He parted his mouth but didn't get to start his sentence as Nick finally appeared with a basket full of products. Does he really need all of those?

We still had the rest of the day to prepare and half of tomorrow, as our flight was at 6 p.m.. So we decided to get food and head back home, maybe take some rest before the next day which promised to be tough.

"I don't know about you, but I'm going to take a nap. Barely slept all night." I announced as soon as we got home, so that they wouldn't make any plans associated with the bedroom. I don't care that the gaming set is there.

"I though you slept good?" Clay's teasing manners were getting at my nerves.

I was sad that Nick had to experience the tension that was in the room, but soon I put an end to it by giving Clay a dirty look and leaving the room.