՞՞26՞՞

There was a heavy silence before it hit him. Before I knew, he started hitting his head with the pillow.

"Why. Am. I. So. Fucking. Dumb." Each word was followed with a hit.

"Was wondering the same thing." I went back to the bed and lied on my back beside him, still far enough for both of us to feel comfortable.

I went from laughing to having 0 energy and 0 mood in a few seconds. I don't even know how that happened. I mean it was funny the first few minutes cause he did such a stupid thing, then I started getting angry at him for doing such a stupid thing, and now I'm just sad that he did such a stupid thing? Does that even make sense?

We didn't say anything for more than 10 minutes. Just staring at his disgusting green led lights.

"Did she ask for the pic?" I turned my head to left to look at him.

"Yeah, she sent first. I don't remember how we got to that point." His body didn't move at all.

"Were you drunk?" My voice was almost inaudible.

"No. Just had a lot going on in my head.. yeah.. made stupid decisions." His voice was low and powerless as well.

"What happened?"

The sudden mood change in the room made the air feel heavy on my skin. It was past midnight already and I wanted to sleep, but I also wanted to know the whole story.

"My ex texted me.. I got really mad," he sighed, "she's spreading her toxicity even after the break up. Why is she still fucking me over," I didn't interrupt, waiting for him to let it all out, "we got in a fight again, and all of it was just so pathetic that I didn't even want to talk to my friends about that and be a weak bitch about it- ughh fucking hell."

He still wasn't looking at me. But I could tell from his face how frustrated he was. He looked and sounded angry at himself more than at his ex and the girl who took the screenshot.

"I kept it to myself for the whole day and felt like I was going crazy so decided to text that girl. And they say strangers are the best listeners so I just spilled everything out," even though she didn't screenshot the chat, she could still do a lot with that information too, "I didn't even feel how she turned the conversation to a sexual side, fuck, I was vulnerable and it still felt like I was cheating on my ex like she cheated on me, even though the relationship's over."

I wanted to say something but I saw him part his mouth to speak again, so I shut mine and listened.

"The only thing I'm mad at is how stupid I am. How could I be so dumb? There are toxic people everywhere around me, didn't mean it was a good enough excuse for me to send a fucking dick pic to a random whore just to boost my ego. Fuck me, I deserved all of this."

His arm went across the bed to grab the poor pillow again, but I stopped him. I grabbed his forearm a bit too harshly, scratching him a bit. Both of us flinched from the contact. I let go of him almost momentarily when he turned and made eye contact for the first time in the day.

"Stop suffocating yourself," I grabbed the pillow and put it on my other side, "we'll figure something out. No one has certain proof it's you unless you do a face reveal."

"The random dude with a diamond play button," he chuckled, "so believable."

After a few minutes of me trying to come up with a way of lightening the mood, I remember something.

"I accidentally sent a titty pic to my sister if that makes you feel better," I shrugged, "not as bad as yours, but still.."

The way he let out a small laugh made me smile. I didn't think him being in trouble would stress me out so much.

"I didn't even send nudes to my girlfriend. Pisses me off how I ruined everything in one night."

The only thing left for me to do was thinking of a way to distract him while I come up with something that could make the situation better. I don't think saving it was possible in this case.