՞՞161՞՞

"I can't find the keys, it's dark and I don't have my phone!" Clay looked down at us from the window.

"I'll throw your phone to you, don't worry." The best thing about Nick's words was my realization that Clay's phone wasn't under his control. It was in the house along with the keys.

"You don't have a flashlight in your house?" George complained once again.

"He has no clocks, no flashlights, nothing, just because his phone can do all of those things." I couldn't help but take George's side on this one.

"Next thing you know, he leaves you for Siri." The words that left Nick's mouth didn't sound like a joke at all. I think he really meant that.

We had to pass my phone to him through the kitchen window cause his attempts to find things in the darkness failed miserably. And even with the flashlight, it took him more than 10 minutes to finally open the door and let us in.

"Finally, warmth." I made the best of it while I could, mentally preparing myself for the cold shower that I was about to take in the darkness.

All of us had to shower, cause none of us wanted to sleep looking like actual failed pottery.

Clay went first, coming out a lot earlier than he always used to. I couldn't blame him, cause when Nick went in, he screamed throughout the whole process and came out with chattering teeth.

George was more quiet, he took the 13 minutes of torture without making a noise, but came out complaining and looking depressed.

And when it was finally my turn, I decided to picture myself under a waterfall instead of a shower to make the experience more natural. And it helped a lot, cause even though it was cold and dark, I managed to complete every task of my shower routine.

"Did you drown?" Clay banged on the door, not understanding how it took me so long.

"Yeah."

"Just drink the water!" I heard Nick yelling from a distance. He is truly an intellectual.

As I finally finished showering, I went straight into the room with a towel to find something warm to wear. The coldness of the water only hit when I came out from under it.

I knocked on the bedroom door, checking if anyone was there. I heard them from the living room, so when there was no response, I was positive that the room was free.

But just as I entered, I saw Clay in the bed - his bottom half covered with a blanket. From what the small light of his phone screen exposed, I could tell that his top half was bare.

"Are you naked?" I closed the door saying those words.

"I don't know," he purposefully locked the screen to make the only light source in the room disappear, "come find out."

I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see it.

"Why did you stay that long under the freezing water. You're gonna catch a cold."

"You're just mad cause I have bigger balls than three of you combined." I took out a pair of underwear from one of the packs I had to buy cause I was lazy to go to my own house and bring my things. I had some clothes at his place, and I occasionally stole his and Nick's too. I put my underwear on, without dropping the towel.

"Show your balls." And looks like he has some high expectations.

"Ask your mom for pictures." I smiled, looking for something to wear to bed.

"Oh c'mon, you're not funny," I could hear the smirk in his voice, "drop the towel."

"You're not gonna be able to see anything anyway."

With my words, I stood in a way that my back was facing him just in case and dropped the towel. Not even a second had passed when he turned the flashlight of his phone on. I just knew him too well.

"You're an idiot." I laughed, not caring about the fact that he was probably staring.

I took out a shirt with a material that was more on the thicker side cause I was freezing at that point. And after putting it on, I had to tolerate my cold wet hair. Life without electricity sucks.

"Are you cold?" Clay's voice was cocky, which made me not want to answer honestly.

"No." I lied.

"Then my are you wearing that shirt?" As he spoke, I turned around.

"Mind your own business." He laughed in victory from my words, but I couldn't care less.

I made my way to the bed. I got a bit jealous cause his side looked warm and cozy, while mine was untouched and probably cold.

Indeed cold.

And he didn't come cuddle. I frowned, realizing that he wasn't reacting on purpose and was waiting for me to admit that I spent way too much time in the shower.

"You're so stubborn." Clay shook his head.

"Cause you're being cocky." I wrapped myself up with a single blanket cause he wouldn't share his.

"Says the one who said my mom has pictures of her giant balls." He laughed, scooting a bit closer in defeat.

"It was a good one, admit it." I wiggled to his side and realized that he was luckily wearing underwear at least.

"No. I didn't like it." He genuinely sounded offended.

"Your mom did."

Clay took the opportunity and slapped the side of my upper thigh.

Which my body took too sexually considering the fact that it was meant to be playful.

My breath got caught in my throat for a second. I had to let go of a sharp sigh to turn myself back to normal.

"Hm?" I just knew Clay was smirking when his fingertips dug into the flesh of my thigh.

"Nothing." I knew he wasn't buying this, "It's just your hands are really warm, feels nice."

"I see.."

Clay made space for me between his legs, picked me up and moved me there - all in a few seconds. Before I knew, his burning hands were moving up my cold thighs.

"Better?" Clay's voice was low as he pulled me back - closer to his body.

"Yeah." I threw my head back to his shoulder, which was an opportunity for him to tilt his head and kiss my temple, moving his hands higher and higher until he reached the hem of my shirt.