՞՞71՞՞

We all had some nice sleep that night, ignoring the fact that George fell from the couch in the middle of the night and didn't even wake up from it. While me and Clay almost got a heart attack from the loud noise his body made slamming to the floor.

I woke up in the afternoon as always. Recently the only times I see a sunrise and a morning in general is when I pull an all nighter. But the rest of them were still asleep, and judging by Nick's snoring, deep asleep.

I carefully turned to lie on my back, which made Clay's arm that was wrapped around my waist lie flat on my belly. Tilting my head to look at him, I smiled in awe, seeing his face look more peaceful than ever - without the brow wrinkle that's there almost all the time whenever he's concentrated on something.

My hand went up to cover his larger one, which was lying loosely on my lower ribs. After drawing messy circles on his skin with my thumb, my fingers started tracing the strongly distinguished veins on his arm, having nothing better to do than smile at the small blonde hairs going up wherever my skin touched.

I didn't notice him waking up, and only got aware of it when he tightened his arm around me and placed a small kiss on my shoulder, which was apparently close enough to his mouth to do so without moving visibly.

Even though we were so sure of Nick and George not having intentions to wake up at the moment, I still valued safety, getting up without a word to go brush my teeth, wash my face and maybe do something with the bird's nest on my head. I should've known better than to make a bun from still wet hair and sleep on it.

I was in the process of finishing those actions when I saw Clay's reflexion in the bathroom mirror. He came up to me with a smile as we made eye contact through the glass, stood right behind me for a moment before resting his chin on the top of my bun.

"Hi." He smiled.

I rinsed my mouth from the toothpaste mixture to answer him as he grabbed his own toothbrush and got into it.

"Bye." I giggled, wiping my mouth and leaving to change my clothes and cover up the bruise on my neck before the boys could wake up and see it.

He made a peace sign cause his mouth was busy with the toothbrush.

When I was almost done and all was left to do was take care of my hair, I heard a loud bang coming from the living room once again.

And before I could go there and see what was going on, I heard Clay's voice coming through the distance.

"Not again, George!"

I sighed, hurrying to see if the idiot was okay, and found him looking confused, rubbing his elbow while Clay helped him up. Nick woke up almost immediately.

"Why did you push me?" George frowned at Nick, clearly with zero awareness of his surroundings.

"Bruh," Nick rubbed his eyes, "you good?"

"I could've died!" Maybe George hit his head somewhere.

"I was like meters away from you, how would I push you!?" Nick spoke in his defense.

"George, you actually fell again last night." Clay was the one breaking it to him, "And no one pushed you."

The confusion in George's eyes was just precious. I love seeing people suffer from the consequences of their own stupid actions.

And talking about the consequences. Once we had breakfast in silence and caught up with the rhythm of the day, all of us knew that we had to sit and talk like adults. Even though the one who was supposed to be the oldest was an actual manchild.

"So.." I cleared my throat, seeing that no one dared to speak, "Sorry about my impulsive decision from yesterday. Especially to you George. I'm really sorry." I addressed the kiss, feeling relieved that my job here was done.

"Why are you apologizing to George? Mans literally got a kiss from a girl out of his leag-"

"Nick." Clay's tone was strict and warning, immediately made Nick shut up.

"I'm sorry for getting you to a point where you had to make impulsive decisions," George started, "and I'm sorry for handling the situation irresponsibly."

"I'm sorry too," Nick nodded after George's words, "for being friends with George and getting dragged into drinking."

After they finished fighting over Nick's words, our gazes moved to Clay as if he was the next one to speak. But then I realized that the only things he could apologize for were personal for both of us, and he had already apologized to me for those in private. Guess he hasn't done anything wrong.

"And I'm sorry for being perfect." He broke the ice by making us giggle.

"So we're good?" George asked, mainly keeping his gaze on me. We were the ones in the middle of the conflict to be fair.

"Yeah," I smiled, "we're good."

And the silence between us got heavier. Time to point out the elephant in the room.

"Soo.. you guys wanna tell us something..?" George asked, probably already aware of the situation from how much Nick spilled yesterday.

Me and Clay looked at each other before looking at them.

"Like.. what?" I tried to atleast make them ask direct questions.

"Like are you dating?" George addressed it with no hesitation.

We went silent again. As Nick once said, why are his questions so fucking hard?

"Not exactly.." I rubbed the side of my neck anxiously, one of the stupid habits of mine.

And I didn't think of it that much until my hand went down from my neck and I saw the concealer on my palm.

"Friends with benefits?" George's eyes were fixated on my neck, and unfortunately I knew what he was looking at.

"Noo..." Me and Clay spoke at the same time.

"You're just not official I guess."

I love how Nick knows how to describe our relationship better than we do. We had nothing more to add, so just nodded and saw them do the same.