՞՞159՞՞

"What? No, there's gotta be a way in." George was in disbelief from how dumb of a move he did.

I thought Clay had the keys cause he didn't stop George from jumping. Then I had a small hope that George had the keys cause he didn't think twice before jumping. But they're idiots, and that's the end of the story.

"The only way in is through that tall ass window, let's see you climb it if you're that good at parkour."

I was so pissed at both myself and Nick for our stupid "prank" that never even happened, and the dumb duo that followed us without even thinking about the consequences.

Both Nick and Clay were silent. Nick had nothing to say and judging by Clay's "hm's" he was deep in thoughts.

George's pride made him make an attempt to climb up, but he failed. The walls were wet, everything was slippery, it was dark outside and the rain hadn't even stopped yet.

"I still have the garage keys.." Nick's remark sounded like a request, cause we were all just standing under the rain like losers.

"Yeah let's get in actually." Clay finally spoke.

I know the garage was supposed to be a temporary shelter for us, but the fact that there wasn't that much space in there because of the car (which we couldn't even use), was giving me anxiety.

There was a small bench-type thing there though, so at least we could sit. On the hard, uncomfortable, concrete surface. With wet clothes.

And why is it so cold in here? Colder than it is outside.

"I hate this." Nick spoke after 2 minutes of sitting in silence. And this is the most I've ever related to him.

"I'm cold." I was disgusted by my wet clothes making contact with the cold concrete.

Clay got up and started digging through a huge box that was filled with cans and packets of cat food. Then he pulled out a fuzzy blanket which wasn't looking at its finest to be fair. It had cat hair and dust on it, which made me think it belonged to Patches.

"Wait, let me just-" Clay started to smack the blanket against the wall repeatedly, which surprisingly effectively cleaned it up, "there you go."

He wrapped me up with the dusty smelling blanket, but it was warm and cozy so I didn't mind. It's better than having my nipples frozen.

"Why would you take the garage key and not the house key?" Clay turned his head to face Nick, who was playing something on his phone.

"Cause why would I take the house key when I had to climb back in through the window?" He shrugged, making it sound like Clay was asking a dumb question.

"You couldn't even make the lights flicker from the panel if your plan didn't fail, so what you did was pointless," Clay continued, "the delay between each switch would make the lights turn on and off slowly. Your plan was a failure to start with."

"Not if you flick quick enough." Nick argued.

"Actually it's not a light switch, it's pretty hard to flick." George joined in with a decent argument.

Nick wasn't having any of it. He'd do anything at this point to prove that his plan would work if he executed it properly. The lights of the garage were on, so he got up and went to the panel with confident steps.

"Nick, I believe you, don't do it." I tried to make him stop cause his hands were still wet and playing with electricity wasn't a good idea in that case.

"You're the only one who believes me," he sounded dramatic, "if I die, the password to my secret folder is 6969, I have disgustingly cute pictures and videos of you and Clay in there."

And with those words he flicked the switch once. Nothing happened, except for the obvious part. The lights of the garage went out. Then he flicked it up with difficulty, which brought the lights back on.

"See, it's not that easy." George and Clay started to feel proud of themselves.

"If you hold the switch in the middle, and then start going up and down, it'll flicker," Nick was putting his whole concentration into this task, "hold up, I got it."

With a few more failed attempts and the lights going on and off, he finally balanced the switch in the center. Even George and Clay started to cheer for him because of how much work and concentration went into that.

And surely he managed to make the lights flicker. By violently pushing and pulling on the switch, not letting it snap up or down completely.

"Okay stop, I'm getting dizzy." I tried to end the lightshow, but Nick was still going.

"Look at me, I'm Zeus!" I facepalmed seeing him continue.

"Wait, try to go faster." George was pouring gasoline on the fire at this point.

"Maybe don't-" and Clay was the only one left with some common sense.

Yet we couldn't change anything anymore, as when Nick went feral and started to abuse the switch, the lights went out and never came back again. Even after he switched it up and down multiple times.

He broke it. Again.

All of us went silent. Perhaps Nick was the only one still trying to change something by flicking the other switches. Nope, nothing helped.

I looked at Clay, hoping to see some type of emotion on his face. But the only thing there was the overpowering disappointment mixed with tiredness.

"You broke it." George stated the obvious as if it would help the situation.

"Wait, maybe it's just the garage." Nick nervously touched his pockets to find the keys then remembered that there was a button to open the door from the inside.

George left the bedroom lights on, so it wouldn't be hard to see if the house had any power or not. Yet when the garage door opened, what we saw wasn't what we were checking for.

"Why is it so dark outside?" Clay quickly got up, "No way everyone's asleep."