՞՞110՞՞

After finally reaching out to Clay it felt like a ton of weight got lifted up from my shoulders. But I also couldn't find my place. It should've been easier to just sit or stand in a single spot, but at that moment the only thing my body was comfortable doing was pacing back and forth in the room and having mini outbursts of joy.

Maybe I should call Nick. I really need someone to share this with.

It took him a few seconds to pick up, and when he did, the expectation in the tone of his voice was prominent.

"Tell me it went alright." Apparently he had no intentions to beat around the bush.

"It went alright." I smiled, even though he probably couldn't hear it in my voice.

"That held no emotion whatsoever," Nick was not amused, "I wanna hear you say "it went really good, Nick!""

"It went really good, Nick!" I mocked the tone of his voice.

"I'm done with you, I'm calling Clay." Nick sounded so disappointed that I felt like he was really going to hang up any moment.

I let out a small laugh, something I almost forgot my body was capable of during the past 20 days or so.

"Noo, don't call him. He's driving." I was glad to have an excuse to make him stay in the line with me.

He was silent for a second which to be fair confused me a bit. Little did I know I was about to get even more confused.

"Did he get his license back already?"

What?

"Uh.. wait.. what happened to his license?" I couldn't believe how much I was behind on everything.

Nick laughed before he answered, "The idiot forgot to pay his speeding tickets. It got suspended."

This fucker I swear..

And if you wonder, no, I had no idea if he got it back or not. And knowing him, I knew that he was probably out there driving with a suspended license.

"Apparently he got it back. How else would he drive if he didn't have a license?" Nick disagreed with my opinion.

"You do realize that he still knows how to drive even without a license, right?" At first my words were supposed to be sarcastic. But when the line went silent, I realized that maybe he didn't know that at all.

However, after talking for a bit more on that topic, we finally changed it. Turns out Nick was the only one who managed to keep in touch with all 3 of us and catch up on every single detail of our lives.

"Did you know George finally got his green card?" That came out straight out of nowhere.

"No way! Oh my fucking god, finally some good news!" Even though the mention of his green card triggered my ptsd, still, the thought of seeing George again concealed everything, "When's he coming? I'm so excited!"

"Well, he'd come earlier if you and Clay didn't reenact every single teen drama out there-"

"Too soon, Nick." I interrupted before he could cross the line, even though he already did.

We talked for a quarter of an hour more, this time about George and his plans of moving here. We needed to discuss the details together tho, all 4 of us.

And finally getting bored of each other, we hung up.

I honestly couldn't think of anything to do from the excitement that was building up inside of me. For the first time in a while I actually felt energetic enough to shower by my own will and not because I smelled horrible. And that was the only thing coming to my mind as an effective way of killing time until Clay would call.

And speaking of him, I just hoped the idiot wouldn't get in trouble for driving with a suspended license. As far as I imagined things to work, I think he's safe if he doesn't get pulled over. And as far as I remember, he hasn't had an experience like that so far. Why would he now? Right?

I hated the feeling of being in the shower and keeping an eye on my screen every now and then to check if the it would light up with a notification. I got delusional to the point where I stopped trusting my ears, even though the sound was put on max. What can I say, I got a little impatient. Maybe a little too impatient as I decided to text him mid-shower, telling him to call when he's free.

And as the minutes went by, he never called or responded to my text. And remembering the fact that his family lived pretty close to him and it shouldn't have taken literal two hours of driving, I got even more paranoid.

What if..

What if he actually got pulled over and the police asked for the license.

And then they saw the suspended license and sent him to jail for breaking the law.

Oh no, is he locked up right now?

Do I need to visit him in the prison? He doesn't even look good in orange-

I'm so glad I got a call from him right when my thoughts were reaching their peak of nonsense. I quickly shook myself back to the reality and cleared my throat to answer the call.

"Heey-" I wasn't confident enough to finish that cause I heard some panting coming from his side, "wait, are you okay?"

He cleared his throat in a half-coughing way and took a breath to answer.

"Oh hey, dont be scared, but like- can you like come to my house? I'm alone and well- uhm, I kinda need help right n- ouch, fuck, this is bad."