՞՞120՞՞

The floor turned out to be way comfortable than it was in my expectations. I had the freedom of rolling side to side without worrying about hitting Clay's forehead and without having to suffer the weight of him somewhere on my body.

Even though my nose was very itchy, which makes me remember that I got Viagra from Nick instead of the Allegra, I was tired enough to pass out almost immediately.

It was weird how quickly Clay fell asleep, but more weird how I followed him up in no time. The faint memories of the medicine called Tylenol PM came to my mind as I was drifting away, making me realize that Nick got that one wrong too. It might not seem like a big difference, but unlike the regular Tylenol, this one had sleep inducing components too. To which, I'm not complaining at all.

However, I'd be surprised if the night went smoothly. Before even falling asleep I knew that something was going to happen.

Well firstly I jumped awake from the heavy pillow falling straight to my face. I looked around to see what happened. When I saw that Nick was the one sleeping on my side, everything started to make sense. At that point I wouldn't even be surprised if his whole body fell on my head.

I carefully put the pillow back on the bed, going back to sleep - or at least trying to.

How did I totally forget about Nick's snoring habits. Just how. How could I forget such a terrifying noise.

It got to a point where I just had to wear my earphones to sleep. And it worked, helping me distract my brain from the engine sound.

And then everything was a blur again. I hoped I'd sleep until morning this time, but the sharp pain striking right in my palm made me jump back to consciousness. I woke up again, trying to understand what was causing the pain, only to understand that it was getting stronger and stronger.

"What the fuck!" I whisper-shouted, trying to pull my arm away only to realize that Nick was standing on it.

"Oh sorry.. My bad!" He whispered back, slowly getting his huge foot away from my hand.

And he was barefeet too, so I had to get up and go wash my hands now. I did that without hesitation, cause I wasn't going to risk getting all types of fungi or being stuck with a smelly hand for the rest of the night.

You'd think that was enough torture for one night. But you'd be so wrong, cause it's me those things were happening to, and knowing me, you should also know that I'm the strongest magnet for unfortunate things.

Just as I thought I'm gonna get a tiny little bit of sleep, Clay got up to use the bathroom. I was aware of my surroundings and could tell that everything was okay. I could hear him washing his hands and waited for him to come back already. But instead of seeing him enter the room, I heard a loud thump of his heavy body collapsing on the floor.

I didn't even wake Nick, I just got up as fast as I could and found Clay on the floor, rubbing his elbow and squinting at the light from my phone.

"What happened?" My heart was beating so fast when I tried to help him get up, but I was also somewhat relieved to see that he was conscious.

"Lost balance.. I don't know." He sounded and looked so confused.

Finally helping him to get up, I decided to lead him to the kitchen. I didn't want Nick to wake up, cause not only he'd get scared and start to panic, but also he'd make everything ten times more chaotic.

I helped Clay sit on the kitchen chair, despite the claims of him not needing help. Then I got him a glass of water, worried that he might be dehydrated from how sweaty he looked.

"Thanks." As he grabbed the glass and started gulping the liquid, I put a hand on his neck to check his temperature.

It didn't seem like he had a fever, if anything his skin even felt colder than usual. But his appearance was giving me mixed signals; skin glistening from sweat, cheeks redder than usual and hands a bit trembly.

"How are you feeling?" Putting my hands on my knees I leaned a bit down from my standing position to match his sitting height, making our faces meet on the same level.

"All over the place, to be honest." I felt bad for both him and myself. For him because he had to experience that, and for myself because I could relate.

"What's the matter?" I gently brushed the sweaty hair strand away from the bandage on his forehead, focused on the softening features of his face.

"Woke up from nightmares and then lost my balance, nothing too crazy." Clay sounded like he was in disbelief about the things that were happening.

"What nighmares?" I thought he might want to talk about them.

"Of my teeth falling out."

And I didn't expect the answer to be this shallow.

"It's not even that bad, c'mon.." I giggled, making him chuckle slightly.

Only then I realized that our faces had been unreasonably close this whole time. I mean I could feel the hot air coming from a slightly strong exhale through his nose, and I don't think that's a good sign.

I don't know what happened to my mind and why it happened, but I completely zoned out and let out a sentence that sounded something like he would say.

"I think I should kiss you before your teeth fall out."

He was taken aback from my words as I was, but was also quick enough to lean in all the way until our lips touched.

Soon I found myself standing between Clay's knees, with his arms wrapped loosely around the small of my back - making out under the dim lighting of the kitchen.

And we didn't realize how perfect of a timing the kiss had until we pulled away and saw the sunrise.