՞՞21՞՞

Coding for Dream was fun, texting and facetiming was fun, everything was fun and games until my exam season started.

"Come pvp me." George's voice echoed through the room, making me turn the incall volume down a bit.

"I have homework to do." I looked at my phone which was propped infront of me so that George could keep me company throughout the learning session.

"You and Nick are such nerds." He frowned at the camera.

"Go play with Cleo then."

"It's not fun when I keep getting owned. Don't tell him I said that."

I looked up from my papers and chuckled, "I'm so telling him."

"I so regret setting you two up," George shook his head, "you prefer the 10 day friendship, while I've been around for a year and a half."

I didn't know if he was being serious or if it was another one of his staged scenes. One thing that I hated about George was his ability to make everything sound serious.

"You're so stupid, it hurts." I got back to writing, but he didn't have any intentions to stop.

"But for real, I prefer talking to you now cause he's kinda annoying and brings you up mid sentence."

I tightened my grip around the pen and put the highest efforts into keeping my eyes fixated on the paper infront of me and not give him the reaction he wanted to see. I know George, I know he's doing this on purpose.

"Are you done clowning?" I finally looked up.

"Done and ready for bed," he was clearly annoyed that his trick of fishing a reaction out of me to tease me later didn't work, "good night, Lizzy, have fun studying."

"Night night, idiot. Even though it's 5 p.m. for you." I got a chuckle out of him before ending the call.

Even though I was thankful for him for keeping me company, but I was annoyed at the same time. Despite the fact of me being 99% sure that the part about Dream talking about me constantly was a stupid joke, that 1% chance of it being true kind of bothered me. There was just something intimidating about it, he never seemed affectionate or an open person. He never talks about him and George with me, why would he talk about me and him with George?

I needed to get my mind off those thoughts and focus on my lessons. Which reminded me that Sapnap also had an exam season and was also studying. For once in my life I decided to act like I care and text him.

lizzil how's the progress?

I managed to finish a whole page of homework until he replied.

Sapnapinsta it's evolving, just backwards

Sapnapinsta thinking of dropping out

Sapnapinsta George will code for me

Sapnapinsta but if I drop out, I won't have an excuse to ft you 😔

Sapnapinsta what I'm saying is, can I call?🥺

It never failed to amaze me how different yet alike 3 of them were. I didn't reply, I just called. The first ever thing I noticed were his baggy eyes and stubble that weren't there the last time we talked.

"Whoa, someone's been livestreaming I see?" I laughed.

"More like life-ruining.."

"That was so bad-" I didn't even know how to finish my sentence.

"Almost as bad as my life is.."

"Alright stop," I laughed at his overly dramatic words, "do you need help?"

"Help with depression.."

"I'm actually ending the call-"

"End my life."

I sighed, looking at him with a judgmental glare. He snapped back to his normal self immediately, and I could tell that he did just by a single giggle that he let out. Even though we weren't that close and haven't known eachother for a while, still he was easy to read.

"How's your studying going?" He asked, rolling the pen between his fingers.

"Eh."

"I rejected George's pvp request. He's salty now and won't facetime me to keep company," he whined, "and Clay decided to finally put an end to his 3 day no sleep streak."

I laughed and took a sip of my already cold coffee, letting him rant as much as he wanted. And his monolog carried on for more than 15 minutes, going on and off about school, George and Dream. And how those 3 things were incompatible.

When he was finally done, he did the most Sapnap thing I could imagine him doing after a rant about how he had so much to do but there was no time left.

"Wanna pvp?"

And I did what a grown person with the same problems as him does.

"Yeah."