՞՞117՞՞

Nick finally responded to my texts. Which meant the plane landed.

Sapnapinsta do I need to bring flowers?

Even though I figured that he probably already talked to George and found out that everything wasn't as bad as they imagined would be, I still somehow was sure that those words held some real curiosity in them.

lizzil no but can you grab some drugs for him? I forgot to get them

Sapnapinsta I don't know any dealers around there, you should've told me earlier

It took me a second to understand what went wrong.

lizzil Nick I mean medicine..

And it took him more than a second to reply.

Sapnapinsta yeah not like i knew any dealers in texas haha

We both decided to ignore what just happened and I texted him the names of the pills Clay needed.

And speaking of him, Clay's phone started ringing after quite a while, but both of us were too lazy to get up and answer.

"Can you get it for me?" Clay looked at the phone that was on the desk, then looked back at me.

"Ugh, I guess." The only reason I agreed was because he was sick and injured.

But seeing that it was Nick, I passed the phone, letting him answer the call. Nick usually calls me more often, and when he calls Clay, it's because he has something to say directly to him.

And I was right, as Clay had to explain the directions from the airport to here. But remembering Nick's ability to memorize and just understand things related to directions, I knew that he was going to call a few times more and maybe get a few things wrong.

Anyway, his call was a signal for me to get up and tidy up the place a little bit and maybe cook something, as it was a special occasion afterall, and I doubt any of us had anything homemade lately. Even though cooking was not particularly one of my strong points, still, trying could result in something nice.

And as I was cleaning Clay's room, I realized that he was staring at me. As much as I wanted to ignore it, my temper got at its best again.

"What?" I stood straight and faced him.

"Nothing, just thinking." He shrugged, blinking away.

"About?" I raised a brow, almost sure that he was about to say something stupid or sexual.

"It's gonna sound inappropriate, but like I've been thinking about it for a day now."

I nodded, hiding a grin from the satisfaction of reading him like a book again. It was nice to have him figured like this.

"Go ahead. End the suffering." I was prepared for whatever he was about to say.

He sat up a bit before parting his mouth, "The doctor said avoid physical activity.. but.. when am I allowed to fuck?"

I'd lie if I said that question surprised me. If anything, that was the best outcome.

"How interesting is the fact that you ask that right before Nick's arrival."

I felt bad for a second for bullying him, but when he threw a pillow at me my guilt disappeared. And the concussed idiot completely missed too, hitting the wall instead. I decided against throwing it back at him, realizing that it could cause some serious damage if aimed correctly.

Another 10 minutes pass by and I'm still cleaning his room. And he's still staring at me.

"You're starting to annoy me already." I spoke without turning around, folding the shirts sprawled over the chair.

"You're not even seeing me, what the fuck." His voice sounded confused, cause my back was facing him.

"I have eyes on my ass." I smiled at my own words and I'm not proud of it.

"Then I love making eye contact with you."

And now it was my turn to throw something at him. But I chose to use the shirt instead of the chair, even though the temptation to go with the second option was almost overpowering.

Luckily by the time I was done with the room, he decided to go shower, which meant he wasn't going to follow me to the kitchen and stare at me as I failed to cook.

"Don't lock the door." I warned him, worried that the hot water could potentially make him pass out and I'd have to break the door in that case.

"Why? Wanna join?" The smirk on his face was so attractive yet punchable at that moment.

"Nooo.. it's just Nick's gonna want to say hi when he comes."

I'd say that's another point for me. He was clearly pissed enough to flip me off and slam the bathroom door.

And 5 minutes into peeling potatoes, Nick called. He was already in the nearest pharmacy, double checking before getting the drugs I told him to bring.

That meant he'd be here in 10-15 minutes, which was an indication for me to hurry up. But before I could continue my cooking disaster, I decided to go check on Clay.

The water was running and I could hear him humming some melody.

"Is everything okay?" I yelled and waited a bit for him to answer.

"Yeah!" He yelled back.

"Scream as loud as you can if there's any problem, I'm in the kitchen!" I warned, waited for him to agree and went back to do my job.

I don't know if the time really flew or Nick got here earlier, but the loud bang on the door in a certain pattern interrupted my actions. And I had the pattern memorized from the small amount of time we lived together, so without even double checking, I opened the door.

And surely enough, there he was - with a bag over his shoulder and one in his hand - with the medicine inside.

"Hey queen!" Nick spread his arms immediately, making me jump in.

"Nicholas!" I missed him so much.

After having a long and warm welcome hug under the doorframe, I finally lead him in and helped to get the bags placed somewhere around the living-room.

Nick got adapted to the familiar yet new environment pretty quickly, falling back on the sofa and asking for a cup of water, which I brought for him without hesitancy.

"Did they take him to the morgue already?" He continued with the ongoing joke, even though I was sure he could hear the running water.

"He got a little too excited from the news of you coming and went to shower."

For a second I forgot that Nick had no idea about this joke I've been using to annoy Clay the whole day. But from the way he got scared and weirded out, I figured that he took my words seriously.