Chapter Seven *Edited*

There is no benefit in 

worrying whatsoever

~Dalai Lama

Chapter 7.

Chase's pov.

"Dude, do you want to hit the clubs?" Ash- a pack member and close friend- perks up from the couch.

I shake my head, gulping down the bottle of water.

"Is this because of Liam's sister -what was her name again? Was it Ruth or maybe Eve?"

I growl, "Her name's Ava, and no, it's not about her. I just don't feel like it. Do I have to explain myself to you? Did you forget who's the Alpha in the pack?"

He throws his arms in the air. "Don't kill me. I said that to unwind that tension that's building up."

I throw one last menacing look his way and storm to my room.

"Can't a man get a moment to himself?" I groan, looking at Chelsea sprawled on my bed with only her underwear on.

She winks and says, "I thought you liked this. Isn't this why you're with me?"

"Yes, but not every day is the same. Get your things and leave my room. I want to sleep."

"Can't you do that with me?" She complains in her high-pitched voice.

"Fine. If you don't go, I will."

I snatch a jacket from my closet, followed by my wallet and car keys. I walk out of the house, motioning for Ash to follow. He scrambles out of his seat, running after me with a massive grin as if he won the lottery.

"I don't want to know what changed your mind, but I'm happy it did."

"Shut up and tell me where to go."

He stares at my passive face for a few minutes before he mumbles, "Loco."

I know exactly where this club is. I've frequented this club since it opened its doors to the public. Liam, I, and a few other friends hit that club multiple times a week, but we haven't been there since before my birthday. Ash might be an immature asshole, with women being the only thing on his mind, but he's right. My mind's heavy with a lot of concerns that only liquor will tune them out.

We pull up to the club, and Ash jumps out of the car. He bumps fists with the bouncer, who allows us to cut the line and enter.

Ash follows me to the bar and orders shots while I opt for whiskey. He hits three shots at once before finding his way to the dance floor, dancing with girls intimately.

Usually, this sight would be appealing to me, but tonight, it makes me feel disgusting. It's not my doing, but my wolf's. Since Ava fled the pack, he has been a moping mess, insulting me and barking orders at others. As for me, I couldn't care less about Ava, but it angers me that she left without my consent. I'm the Alpha, and only what I say happens. How dare she leave without my permission?