Chapter Twenty-Five

If you don't go after what you want, 

you'll never have it. 

If you don't ask, 

the answer is always NO.

If you don't step forward,

you're always in the same place.

~Nora Roberts

King's pov.

"You go east and we go west. None of us leaves unless we have found Sophia. Understood?" They all nod, and we scatter throughout the perimeter. "Are you sure this is going to work? Can we trust the witches?" Vince, my Gamma, asks. "We have to find Sophia, and right now they're our only option. We're here now, so we have to try. If we don't find her, then we'll deal with the witches." There's still doubt in his mind, but orders are orders, and he has no other choice but to obey them. We enter the abandoned building, still in our human forms, attacking anyone who blocks our path. I figured it would be better to save our energy for now and transform into our wolves only when it's needed.

"Did you find her?" I mindlink my Beta, hoping that at least one of us has made progress. "Nothing yet. You?" "No, we haven't either. Let's keep looking." Checking every room on each floor, we flip every corner, but there's no sign of Sophia or any indication that she has been here at all. I pray that those witches didn't fool us. "Alpha, check this out." A warrior mind links me and motions for me to follow him. He leads me to what appears to be a small door leading to the dungeons. "I'll head down there first and you follow me," I order, not leaving any room for objections. It's my fight, and I need to be on the front line, not hide behind others like a coward.

I lead us down the stairs, and we come across two identical paths. "Which one should we choose to follow, Alpha?" I wish I knew. They look so similar, yet they will probably lead us to different places. "We'll split up again. Your four will follow Vince to the right path while the rest of you will follow me down the left path." We split up once again, walking down the dark path with our senses heightened in case we come across the culprit or Sophia. "Alpha, look!" Then I notice it. A dark figure running down what seems to be another path. Is this a maze or something? There are so many different paths. "Sophia must be in there! You two catch the culprit and mindlink the rest to assist. We'll check if Sophia is down there."

As I walk down another set of stairs, my only thought is Sophia. I hope my daughter is down there, and this game is over. I want to find the responsible for everything, and punish him or her for all of the things that have happened to my family. When I find them, they will have a slow death, and that's a promise. "Sophia!" I gasp, seeing my daughter on a bed, beaten up and looking half unconscious. My little girl! What did they do to her?! I run to her and untie her, picking her up and running up the stairs. "We need to take her to the pack hospital!" Hopefully, the others have everything under control. Transforming into my wolf, a warrior places Sophia on my back, and I start my journey back to the palace, careful not to drop her. "Have the doctor on standby. I'm bringing Sophia to the palace as we're speaking." I mindlink my mate.

By the time I arrive at the palace, my mate is waiting outside with many pack members and the mates of my Beta and Gamma. The two witches are among the people waiting for my and Sophia's arrival. I need to remember to thank them later. If it weren't for them, it would have taken us way longer to find her, and her state would have been way worse than it is. The doctor, along with the nurses, rushes her inside with everyone trailing behind them. We wait outside the waiting room in the royal hospital, with the fear of losing her in our minds. I hug my mate close to me to give her some comfort. I'm crumbling down, but I need to be strong for my family.

"Thank you for helping us find our daughter. You can't imagine how grateful we are." I whisper to the two witches after my mate fell asleep a little while after the pack doctor assured us that she was out of the woods, and has slipped into a coma to regain her strength. "I will make sure to abide by the agreement," I assure them, but they shake it off. "You should focus on your daughter. We'll figure it out later." The older woman assures me that Karina looks like she's holding back something. She wants to say something, but she's hesitant to do so. "Do you have something to say to me?" She takes a deep breath and nods. "Something is off about your daughter. Her aura is heavy, like there's a spell surrounding her. I don't know what exactly, but it's really powerful." Her words shock me and send my mind into overdrive. I need to figure out what is going on. But until then, no one can know about this. Especially not my mate or Sophia. The last thing I want is to worry them more right now.

"Alpha!" I see my Beta and Gamma, along with the warriors, rush to me with defeated looks. "Did you catch him/her?" They shake their heads. Damn it! He got away again! "We chased him down, but he suddenly disappeared before we could catch him or catch a glimpse of his face. It was certainly a male, though." My Beta states. "Is Sophia ok? What did the doctor say?" "She's in a coma to regain her strength. She has some minor injuries, but the most severe damage happened to her mental health." "She's a tough cookie. She'll pull through just fine, you'll see." They try to give me courage, and it's working. I know she'll get through this. She has overcome every obstacle life threw her way, and they were a lot but managed to remain her kind and thoughtful self. "Go home and rest. You deserve it after the last few days. We will resume our efforts to find the culprit tomorrow." They nod, sending me a comforting smile, and head off. For now, we wait for Sophia to wake up. Hopefully, that will be soon.

A spell has been cast on Sophia? Who could have done that and why? Please share your thoughts with me! Thank you so much for reading, and I'll see you again in the next chapter

A spell has been cast on Sophia? Who could have done that and why? Please share your thoughts with me! Thank you so much for reading, and I'll see you again in the next chapter. Bye!