Chapter Thirty-Nine

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

~Margaret Thatcher

"Whatever you're planning, we need to speed it up!" Dad looks up from his paperwork. "About what?" "About Chase. He's more cunning than we thought. There's a big possibility he was behind the attack at the Rhinestone pack." "These are some serious allegations. Do you have proof to back up there claims?" I stare at him in disbelief. After everything Chase has done, I would have expected him to believe me in a heartbeat. "You don't believe me?" "It's not that I don't belive you. I know what a scumbag Chase is, and I would love to be the one to get my hands on him first. But, if I want to be a fair King I need to have solid proof." As if we will be able to catch him. This kind of attack is usually well-planned and requires prior work. They would need to be able to hide their tracks. I doubt it was hard for him, with having a witch by his side. It still tortures me how he managed to convince the witch to help with his wicked plans.

"Constantine told me. He told me he saw his father arguing with a man The man's description matched Chase's appearance." He sighs. It's probably not enough. I doubt they will believe a toddler instead of an Alpha. They will blame it on the age and how stressed this little kid was. It always goes like that. "I will send a team back where the Rhinestone pack was located." What if we fall into a trap? They did it once. They might try again. "What if it's a trap? They might be waiting for us to strike again." "That's why what will happen will only take place at night." I nod. Let's hope we won't fall victim again. There's one defeat after the other. He's proving that he's more clever than I made him out to be.

~

It's been a couple of hours since the group of warriors set off on the journey. Before they left, dad presented them with the plan and ordered them to all make it out alive back here and in one piece. Most of them are mated, and some with kids. We would hate to break the news that their loved one died. That also includes the unmated wolves. Just because they still haven't found their mates doesn't mean it will be any easier. I've been on edge, going through every possible scenario of what's happening in there. I truly hope they will find a clue, even the slightest. Something to indicate who the culprit is. To reassure us that we're looking in the correct direction. I trust the Moon Goddess with my life. I have a feeling she might have left a clue for us to help us out. "Come to my office, Sophia." Dad's mind links me. For him to call me at his office, something big must have happened.

"I'm here," I say as I enter the office. Chris is already sitting opposite my dad, looking as clueless as I am. "Take a seat. We have something big to discuss." Now I'm curious. Hopefully, the phrase "The curiosity killed the cat." doesn't apply here. "They found something. They found a piece of a ripped piece of clothing. The owner's scent still exists. Guess who it belongs to." "Chase." Both Chris and I say at the same time. It's not rocket science. Every stone we turn, we find him underneath it. Doesn't he have a pack to run? A luna to find? This time maybe he should focus on finding his real mate and not going around stealing mates. "Correct. It was indeed him."

"What now?" "Now we send in a spy. We need some insight. Things are more complicated than I expected. I don't think his pack members are aware of their Alpha's doing. He's probably recruiting rogues to accommodate his plan." Like a lightning bolt, it hits me. "The witch! We need to find the witch!" "But how will we do that?" That's a good question. This is a question that I don't have an answer to. "We have two witches. I'll ask them to ask other witches if they heard anything about someone working with werewolves." Maybe I should approach Logan. If what dad's saying is true, he deserves to know. There's a slight chance he will help us. He did hurt me, but I know the boy I considered my brother is still somewhere in there.

Do you think Logan will help Sophia, or will he stay loyal to his Alpha? Please voice your thoughts in the comments

Thank you so much for reading my story! It means the world to me that you gave it a chance.

I'll see you again in the next chapter. Until then, stay safe! Bye!!💖💖