Chapter Fifteen *Edited*

Sometimes love deserves a second chance, 

cause time wasn't ready for the first one. 

~Unknown

Chapter 15.

Yesterday was one of those days that just flew by. I was so busy that I lost track of time. Before I knew it, it was already evening. But when I woke up the next day, I felt energized and ready to tackle the day ahead. I woke up earlier than usual and couldn't stay in bed for more than ten minutes. The best part was that I channeled all that energy into a great start to my day.

To kick things off, I had a quick thirty-minute workout session. It always feels good to get the blood pumping and the endorphins flowing. Then, I treated myself to a healthy breakfast to fuel my body. I had some green tea to boost my metabolism, a fresh fruit salad to get my vitamins, and a delicious tortilla for pure pleasure.

I have to admit that I haven't had a tortilla in years. When I was younger, I would eat them with ham and cheese regularly, but I stopped during my teenage years for obvious reasons. However, recently, I rediscovered the taste of a tortilla when I had it with Zoe during a coffee date at the cafe. Now, it's my go-to breakfast item!

Today, we were expecting my mum's best friend's family to come over, but my parents failed to mention when they'd be arriving, and I forgot to ask. No problem, though - I'm making the most of this time by trying out a few tutorials I've had my eye on for days. I've always been interested in beauty but wasn't as skilled as Zoe. Therefore, I could use some luck.

As I sit in my room, lost in my thoughts, I suddenly hear tiny voices calling out my name, "Phia! Phia!" accompanied by gentle pounds on the door. They're my younger siblings, Aris and Areti, calling me by the name Sophia, which I had chosen for myself. They were too young to understand why I chose this name, so I decided to stick with it to avoid confusion.

Curious about why I chose Sophia? Well, for starters, I find it an elegant name. It originates from Greece and means "Wisdom" in English. My parents named my siblings Aris and Areti, both Greek names, so I thought it would be a great idea to adopt the same naming concept. However, the most important reason for choosing Sophia is that it doesn't carry negative memories or associations. It feels like the perfect name for a fresh start, which is my purpose from now on.

As I open the door, I scoop them up and kiss their cheeks. Areti responds with a kiss on my cheek while Aris wipes it off, complaining that "Girls have cooties! Yuck!" I laugh and kiss his cheek again, but he groans and glares at me.

"Does mum know you're here?" I ask, but they completely ignore me instead of answering. Areti plays with my loose curls, and Aris fiddles with the pendant hanging around my neck.

"There they are! I've been looking everywhere for them!" Mum bursts into the room, breathless.

"They came pounding at my door."