Chapter Forty Six

He didn't say anything,

he just held her

 and kissed her.

And it was perfect.

~Karen Witemeyer

~

Waking up from what felt like an eternity of sleep, I'm met with the sight that I've grown accustomed to lately, the hospital room's ceiling. This time, though, it's different. Maybe it's because Silia is gone, but I feel lighter. Like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder. Maybe it's now that my life finally begins. A life with the person that is currently holding onto my hand tightly. probably afraid that if he lets it go I'll disappear. Staring at my soulmate, it's apparent that he's not aware of me looking at him. Knowing him, he would go out of his mind, screaming his head off. In the eyes of the people, he might be a stern and cold Alpha, but to his family and friends, he's the biggest teddy bear they could ever come across.

As much as I want to hug and kiss him, right now I just want to take my time and take him in. I must have done something right to have a mate like him. He's nothing and everything I expected him to be if that makes sense. All of us as girls, dream of prince charming on a white horse. Especially when you've lived the kind of life I've lived. He had to be nice and polite. Sweet and romantic. Handsome and a gentleman. But when I met my "mate"-that scumbag- although he was nothing like I imagined him to be, I thought he was perfect for me just because he was made for me and he was sent from above. Now I know that this unsettling feeling existed in me for a reason. Chris was, is, and will always be my mate, my one true love. My home.

I'm suddenly aware of Chris due to the passionate kiss he has pulled me in for. No words are needed. As he pulls away, he still doesn't say anything, just stares at me. As much as I want to break the silence, something in me stops me from doing so. I'm completely aware that he wants to gather his thoughts before saying anything. "I don't even know what to say!" He says, running his hand through his hair in frustration. "I'm angry with your decision to put yourself at risk, but I get it. I get it, and I would have done the same thing if I were in your shoes!" "Stop doing this to yourself," I say, grabbing his big hand with my noticeably smaller one. "Don't overthink it. Whatever happened, happened. It's gone, and now it's time to move on. There's no point in being stuck in the past when life is moving on." Although Chris never answers, I know his answer. He knows that what I'm saying is right. "Where are my parents?" "Oh, shoot! I forgot to tell them you've gained consciousness!" "Where are they?" "They are dealing with the damages. Thankfully, the only injured we have are not in critical condition." I wave him off. "Don't bother them now. This more important, so let them finish before telling them." "But they will be so mad! Your dad will kill me!" "I'll deal with them." I laugh. It's hilarious how scared he is of m dad.

"Eat this. You need to regain your strength." He says, placing a tray of food on the bedside table. "I don't like soup." I groan. I've never been fond of it. I never liked tea or soup, even when I was sick. "Stop complaining and eat it." "What did you say? Did you just order me? Wow, I blacked out for a little and now you think you are the boss of me?!" His expression says it all. He's scared of me being mad, but he's so thick-headed that he doesn't lose to me. "What's wrong with ordering you to eat? It's the least you can do for almost making have a heart attack." "Mate is right" "Well, look who is back! Took you long enough!" I mock Astra. I know it drives her mad when I do it, and that's what I'm aiming for. I want to wind her up because she annoyed me. It took her too long to master one sentence to me, and that was of Chris being right, not my well-being. "Sush, you silly girl! You are alright if you can act like a spoiled brat!" "That's it! I'm shutting you off!" Only God knows how I put up with them!

"I'll eat it later. Now, I want to rest a little bit." I say laying down and closing my eyes. "But you need to eat!" "Later!" He sighs in frustration but thankfully doesn't push me into doing so. I can hear the screech from the chair and the creek of the door. He's probably going to let off some steam before informing my parents. Even though sleeping was coy, I find myself drifting to sleep. I find myself standing in a clearing. An all-too-familiar clearing. "Welcome back, my child." The Moon Goddess says.

Thank you so much for reading!

I hope you liked the chapter. It was only a filler, and something, hopefully, better is coming soon.

I don't know about you, but sometimes meself being petty, so, I think can relate. What about you?

Please share your thoughs in the comments, vote and add the book in your library if you really like it.

Have a nice day!