Chapter Thirty-Two

God's grace is enough for us.

In our weakness, His power is made perfect.

~Unknown

Ah!" Cathrine screams cut through the peaceful night. In an instant, the guards are with us, alert for any possible danger. "It's fine. They're just two kids." I assure them as I return my gaze to the two tiny humans looking at us with fear present in their eyes. "It's okay. We won't hurt you." But still, they scoot farther away as I try approaching them. The little boy and what I assume to be his younger sister can't be older than four years old. But why do these kids are all alone in the woods? The woods are dangerous, especially so far deep in the woods. "Where are your mummy and daddy?"I get no reply in return. I turn to the guards while still keeping an eye on the kids from the corner of my eye. "Check the perimeter for any sign of their parents and inform me." Bowing down to me, they runoff.

Cathrine joins me as we sit cross-legged in front of them. The little boy looks at us with weary eyes while his little sister plays with the leaves surrounding her. "I'm Sophia, and this is Cathrine." I say as Cathrine waves at them with a small smile. "We won't hurt you." I assure them as we sit cross-legged across from them. "What have you got there sweetie?" Cathrine and I try to look closer at the little girl's hands. "Can you make out what it is?" I mindlink Cathrine. "No, I can't. You?" I shake my head. I hope it's not one of those berries. You know, the poisonous ones. Not many people know about hose existing in these woods. From what I know from my parents, countless people are admitted to the hospital due to them. Not all of them make it out alive.

I crawl to the little girl, and finally, see what it is. It is indeed one of those berries. I slowly peel it out of her hands. "You can't eat those, okay? They're really bad for your tummy. Have you eaten more from these?"I don't think I'll get somewhere at this rate. These kids are closed-off. If the guards don't find anyone relative to them, I'll have to take them back to the palace. "Any sign from the guards?" She nods and points to the guards running towards us full speed in their wolves. Once they're presentable, they approach us. From the corner of my eye, I see the little boy pull his sister closer and retreat farther back. "No, princess. We were unable to find anyone. What are we going to do with the kids?" "We're taking them back to the palace. They're in need of a full examination from the royal doctor. Then we'll see what will happen to them."

"Do you want to go for a ride with my wolf? It'll be fun." "I don't think it's going to work." Cathrine mindlinks me. "It will." I stand up and dust myself off. "I'm going to transform into my wolf. If you want a ride then come to me. I promise not to hurt you." I send them a warm smile and transform them into my pure white wolf. Everyone, including the kids, erupts into gasps. "You're a white wolf." Cathrine breathes out. To everyone's shock, the little girl wobbles to my wolf and pets my head. I lick her tiny hand, and she squeals. "Place her on my back slowly," I order Cathrine. Once the little girl and her hesitant brother are on my back, I take off towards the direction of the palace with Cathrine and the guards hot on my trail.

"Who are these kids?" Mum asks as I enter, holding the two kids. "I'll explain later. Please, tell the doctor to come. Also, send some food for them to eat. I'm taking them to one of the guest rooms." I climb up the stairs, bumping into Chris who is looking at me puzzled, just like my mum. "Who are these kids?" I nod upwards, and immediately he understands that I want him to follow me. As soon as I place the kids on the bed, the doctor enters the room. "Hello, princess." "Hi. Please call me Sophia. Please examinate them. They might have eaten poisonous berries." He nods. "What are their names?" I wish I knew. "I don't know. They haven't said a single word."

I'm back! I'm sorry for being so inactive, but life's a bit hectic right now

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you so much for reading!

I hope you're staying safe and happy! Bye!