Twisted Fates| New Story Preview

"You have to go to the ball!" Zander -my manager- insists as I continue punching the bag, not paying any attention to him or anything he's saying

"You have to go to the ball!" Zander -my manager- insists as I continue punching the bag, not paying any attention to him or anything he's saying. He's well aware that I won't do something that I don't want to. It's always been that way, and I don't intend to change it now. "Cut it off!" He says, gripping the punching bag tightly. "I'm your manager and I'm talking to you! You're a grown-ass woman, so stop acting like a freaking three-year-old!" "I'm listening," I say as I take a sip of water. I might as well let him talk, or else I won't hear the end of it. "You have to attend the ball. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and you don't know the people I had to suck up to for you to be invited. Everyone from the Big Society will be attending. This is your chance to get more sponsorships and continue boxing professionally." I mentally gag at the idea. Ball gowns, champagne, and rich snobs are a combination for disaster. Beer and Netflix are more of my thing. "When you decided to represent me as my manager, I made it clear that you could ask anything from me but that. It is not negotiable, and If you have a problem with it then deal with it yourself." "Please, Ophy! Just this once! After your big hiatus, sponsorships stopped coming in. I'm doing it for both of our well-being. What will happen to Liam if his dad can't provide for him?" "That was low Zander. Way too low, even for you!" If I say I have a soft spot for someone, it would be Liam, Zander's three-year-old son. He's smarter than kids his age, and his smile is enough to melt the ice surrounding my heart. "I'll only do it this once, after that, you're on your own. But! After that, I can do as I please and I won't have to explain myself to anyone." "You're a lifesaver!" I pat his back awkwardly as he hugs me tightly.

"Daddy!" As soon as Dad sees me, he drops his suitcase and opens his arms widely for me to jump in them

"Daddy!" As soon as Dad sees me, he drops his suitcase and opens his arms widely for me to jump in them. "I missed you! Why did you extend your trip?" Dad laughs at my whining and kisses my forehead. "All that matters is that I'm back and I'll be yours for more than three months." "Really?!" He nods, and I hug him tighter. Steven Hooks is my dad's name, and he's one of the most respected businessmen in the sportswear industry. He was a boxer in his younger days, and that was how he met my late mother. According to my father, it was love at first sight, and almost two years later, I was born. Unfortunately, the day I made my entrance into this world, she made her exit. I don't know what happened, and I don't dare to ask my father about it, knowing how much it still pains him to this day.