Chapter Twenty-Two

You can spend minutes, hours,

days, weeks, or even months

over-analyzing a situation;

trying to put the pieces together,

justifying what could've, would've

happened... or you can just leave the

pieces on the floor & move on.

~Tupac Shakur

"Chase?" I yell at the top of my lungs. I'm pretty sure everyone in the packhouse must have heard me! "It's not what it looks like?" "You're asking me? You should be the one to answer!" He pushes off the girl who was previously on his lap and was swapping saliva with. "It was nothing. A spur of the moment, a mistake." What a jerk! Cheating on me, and it was nothing! "Nothing?! It was nothing?! I was kidnapped and held hostage and you refused to enhance my father's efforts in finding me, and on top of that, you never showed up to see how I was doing! You're my mate! You're supposed to be here for me in the good and the bad, not just when you need a fuck! And because you were such a dick, you cheated on me with that slut, because I didn't fall on the bed with you. Thank God, I didn't!" He shrugs. He doesn't even look a little bit sorry! His face is stoic but with a ghost of a smirk. I want to punch the daylight out of him!

"You have nothing to say?" "You have already made up your head. I'm bad and you're good. Cheating on you, even if it was only kissing, was my fault. You have no part in it." What a nerve! He says all that while drinking whiskey and smoking. As if we're watching a movie or are at a nightclub! When did I think that was what I deserved? I could answer him, and I know how, but I'll only be wasting my time on a scumbag like him. "Let's end it here. Whatever we had, let's end it here." I shudder from the sound of breaking glass, and so does the girl he was with. His eyes turn black, and in a second, he's in front of me. "You, get out!" He orders her, not bothering to look at her. He keeps his eyes trained on me. She leaves the room running as if her hair is on fire. "You want to reject me?" I nod, keeping my face expressionless, not giving a sign that I'm nervous. I am nervous! I am scared! Even though I've through hell in his hands, I don't think I've seen what he's capable of yet.

"Why continue being together when we don't even act like a couple. I can move on with my life, and you can continue sleeping with random girls without anything holding you back. Not that I was holding you back, or anything. Obviously!" His hand makes his wait to my throat, squeezing and cutting my air supply. "You won't do no such thing! You will be my mate and bear my pups. I'll become King of the Werewolf World and continue sleeping with sluts, with you one of them. You will take it like you did when you were abused. Do you understand me?" "No!" I croak out, and he squeezes even more. "Are you sure? I can end your life here, or even better I can kill your parents. Do you still insist on not being with me?"

I feel anger building up. How dare to threaten my parents! Fire ignites from my palms, and I push him off and straight to the wall. Hearing the commotion, the guards rush in but stop when they see Chase pinned on the wall and fire surrounding him. "You won't touch a single hair of my parents, or else I will come for you. And I can promise you that, when I lay my hands on you, you'll wish you hadn't messed with me." Astra orders. "You're back! I missed you." She laughs. "I missed you, too. I'm sorry I took so long, but I needed time to regain my strength." "Can I reject him? Will you be okay if I do that?" I feel her nod in my head. "Do what you have to do." Slowly making my way to where he is stunned, I squat to his level. "For the record, my intention was to reject you before I even saw you with that slut. I, Sophia Rose Stella Heartstone, accept your rejection. Have a happy life, jerk!" With newfound confidence, I flip the door open. "I'm ready to go," I say, and the guards circle me, protecting me from any possible threat.

I feel liberated! I expected to feel drained emotionally and physically. I think something inside me broke when he rejected me the first time. I was holding to the hope that we could fix our bond when no chance could happen. "Catch me," I whisper to the guards as I feel my world fading and collapse.

Happy Valentine's Day! I do hope that everyone celebrating this day will have a wonderful time celebrating with their other half

Happy Valentine's Day! I do hope that everyone celebrating this day will have a wonderful time celebrating with their other half. I'm a member of the single club, but I do appreciate this day. Sorry for being MIA these couple of days, but I'm back with an eventful chapter. Ava used her powers! And, Chase got what he deserved! I think Ava did well when rejecting him. How do you feel about it? Please, tell me your thoughts. I'll see you again in the next chapter. Love you!