Synopsis *Edited*

Prologue

Prologue

*Trigger Warning: abuse and suicide*

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Ava Rey who had everything going for her. She had loving parents, a protective brother, and belonged to a tight-knit family. But there was something different about them that humans would consider mythical - they were werewolves living in the woods as part of the BlueMoon pack.

Ava's mother was a stay-at-home mom, and her father was the Beta of the pack, second in the hierarchy after the Alpha and the Luna. Ava's dream was clear as daylight - find her mate, pursue a degree in Elementary Education, and build a family with her mate. It was all perfect until an unexpected tragedy struck.

One night, Ava and Liam's -her brother- parents failed to return after an afternoon run in their wolf form. Liam and Ava waited before reporting to the Alpha, who followed up with the request to search for them. A team of warriors searched for them for days, but there was no sign, and they eventually called off the search. They were presumed dead after an attack by rogues. An alarming increase in breaches in their territory supported that assumption.

The Ava's treatment changed overnight. She became the black sheep, and they treated her according to that. They demoted her to an Omega and treated her even worse than they Omega's were. Ava had to live at the packhouse, in the basement, take care of cooking and cleaning the packhouse, and oblige to whatever people ordered her to do. Physical and emotional abuse weren't uncommon, even if she hadn't done anything wrong, it was according to their emotions.

Ava's brother Liam, who became an orphan after their parents' death, was treated with respect and trained to succeed in their father's position, unlike his little sister.

To make matters worse, Ava was left to fend for herself, and even her brother ignored and bullied her. Ava didn't feel envy and had never wished ill will upon him, so she didn't know why he was treating her this way.

Ava wanted to know why their behavior shifted in this direction, especially her brother's. Nothing can excuse a behavior like this, but at least it would give her some closure. She knew she wouldn't get that closure, and the situation wouldn't change.

The situation pushed Ava to the brink of self-destruction, but she held on to the hope of finding her mate. Ava's eighteenth birthday was fast approaching, and she would soon find her mate. There was the possibility her mate would reject her upon sight. That was Ava's worst fear. She didn't want to go insane or grow old alone, but she held on to hope. She prayed that for once in her life, things would go smoothly.

Little did she know finding her mate would mark the beginning of a new journey filled with more questions than answers.

Will Ava find the closure she deserves? Will her soulmate accept her? Join Ava on her journey as she navigates through a world of werewolves, love, and heartbreak.

Edited: 05/10/2023

Word count: 546