Chapter Fourteen *Edited*

The energy spent trying to get revenge 

can be better spent creating an amazing life. 

Forget about them. Remember you. 

~Unknown.

Chapter 14.

I can hardly believe what just happened. My heart is pounding, and my hands are shaking. I might have finally tapped into my long-awaited abilities. It's all thanks to Chase's mistake. This outcome was unexpected, but I can't wait for my dad to hear about it. I won't mention Chase yet; I have bigger plans for him. After what he did to me, I'll bring the doom to his doorstep.

I get up from the ground, brushing the dirt off my dress. I approach Chase cautiously, keeping my distance and eyeing him suspiciously. It took me a while to figure it out, but now I know I can't trust my instincts around him. It all might be a ploy to attack me.

I kick him, but he doesn't respond. I feel a mixture of relief and suspicion. Is he out cold, or is this another one of his tricks? He looks unconscious. It doesn't seem like he's playing a joke on me, at least not in this state. If he had his senses, he would have wanted to retaliate.

I head back to the ballroom feeling pretty good about myself, ready to dance the night away. I put Chase in his place for the first time in my life, and that's something to celebrate. But before that, I need to take care of some unfinished business.

I approach the guards standing on either side of the door. When they see me, they bow down and greet me. "There's some trash in the garden. Would you mind taking care of it, please?"

"Of course, Princess." They reply.

I run down the stairs as fast as my dress allows me to, and Zoey grabs me by the arms as soon as I step foot on the dance floor, urging me to dance with her. "Where have you been? I've been looking all over for you!"

I grin mischievously. "Taking out the trash."

Zoey raises an eyebrow. "Does that have anything to do with a certain missing Alpha?"

I shrug nonchalantly and sway to the beat of the music.

After our encounter in the garden, Chase never shows his face again. Chelsea, Liam, and his date search for him, but they never returned. All in all, it's been a wild and entertaining night, and as promised, Zoey and I danced the night away, only taking breaks to grab something to drink or eat.

"No, Sophia! There's no way I'll allow you to be in those people's presence, especially without my supervision." Dad firmly states.

Do you know what I've figured out through this back-and-forth about me going to the Blue Moon pack?