Chapter Two *Edited*

Someday, everything will make perfect sense

So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears,

be strong, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

~John Mayer

Chapter 2.

Time can feel like it's crawling or flying. It depends on the circumstances. For example, whenever I'm cleaning, it feels dreadful and as if time ticks by slowly because it's not enjoyable for me, but when I'm sleeping, which I love, the morning comes before I know it. Perhaps because my birthday is also a stressful occasion, it overpowers the magic in it, and the time flew by like water.

Crazy-question alert.

Am I foolish for wanting to go back to the start, even though I'll have to do everything all over again? Cleaning kept me occupied amid all the chaos in my life; I hardly had time to breathe, let alone overthink. Today, I have one task: to cook. Cooking is therapeutic for me as it eases my nerves and allows my mind to wander. What does that mean? It means overanalyzing every possible scenario and how things can go wrong in an instant, and with Chase, Chelsea, Liam, and their friends as a looming threat, it's a no-go. They used the ball as a pretext to skip school, but as long as they remain away from me like they have done so far for today, everything will be fine. The day will pass one way or another, at least with one less factor to worry about.

"Come to my room," Liam commands via mind link. So much for staying away, am I right?

"Of course, Beta," I exclaim in response. At least it happened after I finished cooking. After a short visit to my dear brother, I'll go to prepare myself for tonight.

With a heavy heart and a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, I ascend the stairs to find my brother. It's wishful thinking to believe he wants to wish me good luck. No, he wants to warn me to behave and not embarrass him in front of the other packs. Whatever is happening in this pack stays within this pack. But, In the eyes of the others, Liam and I are siblings and, therefore, connected. I couldn't care less about making him feel bad. He should feel bad for treating me like dirt on his shoes. One thing I don't want is for them to ruin my day. That's the sole reason I'll behave. They've wrecked most of my life, but today is about me. Today is a day I've been waiting for since I was a little girl. I'll be damned if I allow them to take that from me.

I knock on the door, waiting for him to give me the go-ahead to enter, and he does so after a few seconds. I approach him with my head bowed and the hair hiding my face.

"Do you know why you're here?" He questions arrogantly, with an evil smirk displayed on his face. I want to smack it off!

"Um, maybe it's because you wanted to wish me happy birthday, Brother!" I replied with false enthusiasm.