Part 48

Chapter FortyEight: Ross’s P.O.V-

 I was sitting outside of the Four Seasons hotel in Austin, Texas, in the back lawn. I couldn’t think straight. It had only been a few hours since me and my family had arrived in Texas. I had my head in my hands. I looked up when I heard clapping. There was a wedding right next to the lake. I sighed. I watched as the happy couple walked away to the reception area and the workers started packing everything up. I didn’t honestly know what to do about anything. I just wanted to be back with Carter and hold her and kiss her. I stood up and went to our room. I grabbed my guitar, some cord sheets and a pencil.

 “Where are you going?” Mom asked.

 “The back lawn,” I said flatly.

 “Alright,” she said.

 I went back out and sat on the bench. Nobody was out there anymore so I could play my guitar as loud as I wanted to. I started playing a few cords and making up words as I went on; being careful to remember to write them down. Soon enough I had a song called Love to Love Her. It perfectly captured how I still felt about her and how I felt she was treating me. I knew I deserved it and I knew it would take a while for me to regain her trust, but I was willing to work it out and I was hoping she was too. I picked up my guitar, cord sheets, and pen and went back to the hotel room. I put my guitar on my bed and went to the living room. My brothers were sitting on the couch.

 When I entered the room they stood up and looked at me. I stopped moving.

 “What’s up?” I asked giving them a look.

 “She misses you,” Riker said.

 “Carter?” I asked.

 “YES!” they all said.

 “But she’s still pretty peeved… So just give it some time.” Ryland said.

 “Where’s Del?” I asked.

 “She went back to Carter’s house.” Rocky said.

 “Get the camera, the instruments, and Rydel and meet me on the back lawn in one hour.” I said “And remember to color coordinate.”

 “Um… Ok…” Riker said looking at Ratliff who only shrugged “What color?”

 “Yellow… It’s Carter’s favorite color and this video is for her.” I said.

 I went to my room and changed into a yellow striped tee shirt, jeans, and a pair of black Chucks.

 Carter’s P.O.V-

 Rydel, Camila, Ethan, Rose, Riley and I were walking around on the lawn of my grandparent’s ranch. The sun was a warm glow of happiness and I was feeling like a dark ball of gloom. Rose was saying something about how maybe a shower and a change of clothes would make me feel better. I honestly didn’t think it would make much a difference but a shower would be nice. When I agreed to the idea we went back to the house. When we were walking through the door Rydel’s phone rang. It was Riker saying that they needed her back at the hotel.

 “I’ll be back in a couple hours; if you need me before then just text me.” She hugged me and left.

 I went upstairs and started the hot water of the shower. It ran over me making me feel just a little bit better. I missed Ross. I was angry with him but I missed him enough to push all that aside and hug him. I let out a slight sigh of frustration. I finished the shower and went to my room. After drying myself of all water I put on a plaid sleeveless button down, white shorts, and a pair of cowboy boots. I needed a good ride on my horse to clear my head. I went to the kitchen and saw my grandma baking cookies.