Part 19

Chapter Nineteen:

 They erupted into a simultaneous "OH. MY. GOSH!". I was totally blushing. I was guessing that they liked it... But on the other hand they could have totally hated it too. So many questions were swirling around in my head, but I could find the words. Not that talking would have helped. So I  just stood there in silence with them all looking at me in astonishment. 

 "Well?" I asked finally finding something to say "Did you guys like it?" 

 "HECK YES!" Ross said coming up to hug me. 

 "Pop princess in the making." Rocky said high-fiving me.

 "Honey, you were spectacular!" Mrs. Lynch said. 

 "You really were." Mr. Lynch said.

 "You're going to rock them at Kaylynn's party, by the way." Rydel said. 

 "I don't know if I’m going to perform with you guys… I mean I don’t want to get in the way.” I said nervously rubbing my arm.

 “You’re not seriously saying that you’re NOT going to sing with us are you?” Riker asked strapped his bass to his back.

 “I don’t know… This is you guys’ band and I wouldn’t want to over shine you… Not that I will but I don’t want it to be a possibility. I’m just going to stop talking now.” I bit my lip.

 “You won’t!” they all said.

 “I just don’t know if I’m good enough to sing with you guys. You guys are like FAMOUS and I’m like a total nobody.” I put a hand through my hair.

 “Carter,” Ross said putting his hands on the tops of my arms “Stop it. I’ve decided that I’m making the decision and you ARE singing with us. End of story. No questions asked.” He pecked my lips.

 “Fine,” I said relieved that I didn’t have to say yes or no, but still freaked out because I had to sing in front of people.

 “YAY!” Rydel hugged me.

 “Carter, dear, do you think you could come here tomorrow and practice with us for Friday?” Mr. Lynch asked.

 “Sure Mr. Lynch,” I smiled and put my hands on my hips. 

 “Great,” he said “Just bring a list of Kaylynn’s favorite songs and we’ll learn them as best we can.”

 “Alright, I’ll get my sister on that.” I replied getting my phone and walking out side.

 “Hey Cami, I need some help.” I said.

Ross’s P.O.V.-

 “While Carter is out I have some news about the band I’d like to share.” Dad said.

 “What is it, Dad?” I asked sitting down on an amp.

 “We are going on a tour to ENGLAND!” he said.

 “Oh My Gosh! This is amazing news!” I said then realizing that I would have to leave Carter behind “How long?” I asked.

 “Five months,” he said.

 “Oh,” I said itching the back of my head.

 “You can break the news to Carter in private later. We leave July eleventh.” he said.

 I put my guitar down and removed my shirt. Rydel laughed and shook her head at me.

 “What?” I asked crossing my arm in front of my chest.