Part 34

Chapter ThirtyFour: Rosie's P.O.V- 

 Riley and I had had a crazy day of touring, but still had a few MAJOR places to go on our list. On Monday I was planning to go to the beach with Carter while Riley went to meet up with his dad some place. Riley was driving the car up this hill and I was reading the map. 

 "Where are we even going?" I asked. 

 Let's just say 'map reading' wasn't my thing. 

 "You'll see in a minute." he nodded putting his sunglasses over his eyes. 

 I sighed and push my sunglasses back up the bridge of my nose. I crossed my arms and listened to the radio. I was still kind of fuzzy on the look Rydel gave me the other day. Had she been lying to Carter? And if so, what about? I need to get a hold of that girl but I didn't have her number. I was thinking about calling Carter for her number but I didn't want to interrupt anything. So I settled back and let my confusion consume me; asking myself more questions then one would think humanly possibly. My phone started ringing in my bag. I looked at the caller i.d and didn't recognize it. 

 "Hello?" I answered.  

 "Hey, Rosie," the person said on the other line "It's Rydel," 

 "Oh hey Rydel," I said "How'd you get my number?" 

 "I weasled it out of Carter last night over dinner." she laughed. 

 "So what's up?" I asked. 

 "I wondering if youmight want to go for coffee some at like two... That way I could explain some stuff to you." she said. 

 "Um... Alright," I said "Where?" 

 "The Starbucks on Sunset and Vine," she said. 

 "Alright," I said "I'll be there at two." 

 "Great, see ya then." she hung up. 

 I pressed end on my phone and slipped it back into my bag. Riley was looking at me. 

 "Who was that?" he asked. 

 "Rydel," I said "She wants to explain her reason for being weird last night on the way to the hotel." 

 "Yeah, that WAS kind of weird." he said looking back at the road. 

 "Are we there yet?" I asked "I have to meet with her at two at the Starbucks on Sunset and Vine." I looked at the clock that read one-thirty. 

 "Relax, we're here." he said. 

 "Where is 'here' exactly?" I looked over the tops of my glasses. 

 "The Hollywood sign!" he said "No Cali vaca could EVER be complete with taking a picture in front of it... Everybody knows that." he laughed. 

 "Well NOW everybody dose." I laughed getting out of the car. 

 He laughed too. He took my hand and we positioned our sleves on the ground in front of it. I took the camera out of my bag and gave it to him. He held one side of the camers, I held the other, and he pressed the button.

 "Three, two, one, CHESSE!" he said.

 We looked at the picture and both went 'AW'.

 "Now we just have to go be torists and take pictures EVERYWHERE!" Ry laughed.

 "Sounds like a plan, as long as we get to coffee." I said.

 We had been standing on the mountain for fifteen minutes and only had another fifteen to make it in time to talk to Rydel.

 "Let's get going," I said pulling on Riley's hand.

 "I'm coming," he said. 

 He opened my car door for me and we drove to the coffee shop.

 "I'll call you when I need a ride back." I said to Riley before I got out.

 "Ok," he said "Kisses," 

 I rolled my eyes and pecked his lips. I got out and went inside. I found Rydel easily. 

 "We need to talk." she said.