Part 14

Chapter Fourteen: Ross's P.O.V.-

 My parents and siblings were far enough ahead that they were already in the elevator shooting up to the top floor. We got onto the elevator once it finally came back down. I let go of her hand and placed it on her back.

 "Did you know that you have two dimples on the small of your back?" I asked.

 "Yeah," she mumbled "I've had those since I was born." 

 "I think they're cute." I smiled. 

 The elevator stopped and I knew we were not  to the top floor. I put my arm around Carter's waist. There was a lady standing out there holding her phone. She looked up from her phone and said "Oh I'll just get the next one." and walked away. The elevator doors closed and Carter and I were once again alone. I felt Carter shift a little in my arm and then I felt a cool hand on my cheek. I looked down into her golden eyes. 

 "I know this is  probably the craizest thing you have EVER heard but... I know how I feel about you." she started.  

 "How do you feel?" I asked(this probably WAS going to be the craziest thing I had ever heard). 

 She put her other hand on my other cheek, pulled my face down to hers and kissed my sweetly. Like any reasonable person I kissed back. Her lips felt smooth and warm on mine. Nothing in the world was better than kissing this amazing girl. Her hands raked through my hair. It was a slow, romantic kiss that set fireworks off all over me. I just knew that somehow we'd be tied to eachother for the rest of our lives. I was the first to pull away(if you can believe it)as the elevator came to a hult. 

 "So what exactaly does this mean?" I asked as we walked on to the carpet of the top floor.

 "Take a wild guess." she said putting a hand through her flowing brown locks. 

 I honestly couldn't think of what it could mean. I knew that she couldn't love me... At least not yet, but I would make her love me... If it was the last thing I ever did. So I shrugged. She rolled her eyes at my sheer stupidity and said(in a timid voice) "I you... A lot," she stopped walking "I know we only met yesterday and all, but I really like you. Maybe even love. But from the first moment I saw you I was hooked..." she kept going on and on.

 Truthfullly I wasn't even paying attention to what she was saying I was just watching her beautiful pink lips move. I put my index finger to her lips to make her stop talking. 

 "I feel the exact same way about you!" I smiled "It was love at first sight from the minute I saw you yesterday... and today, actually." I took her hand and led her down the hall. 

 "Really?"her eyes lit up. 

 "Really," I said the statment in a matter of fact tone. 

 "I'm so releaved... I thought you'd think I was weird!" she said putting her hand on her chest and breathing a sigh of relife. 

 I laughed as we reached her door. I  let go of her hand and she unlocked the door. 

 "About time you two showed up." Riker said when we walked in the door. 

 "Yeah what took you guys so long? Were you making out or something?" Rocky said as everyone laughed. 

 "Long wait for the elevator... You should really get that checked out, Dad." Carter said putting her bag on the couch.

 "Alright," Mr. Stonewell said.

 Carter turned around and walked down the hall. I was pretty sure that she was going to her room.

 "Let's go outside and talk for a few minutes, son." Mr. Stonewell said.

 "Alright, sir." I smiled and gulped silently.

 This is not going to be good!  

Carter's P.O.V.- 

 I walked into my room and kicked off my shoes and socks. I changed from my white hoodie to a oatmeal colored tank top. Camila and Rydel came into my room just then.

 "You're dad is having a "chat" with Ross outside." Rydel put air quotes around "chat". 

 "What for?" I asked. 

 "I don't know dad said that he wanted to 'chat' with Ross for a moment... I don't even know what about." Camila shrugged.

 "We know something happened with you and Ross so spill." the said in unison.

 I rolled my eyes grabbed their hands and pulled them into my closet. I closed the door behind us. 

 "I kissed him!" I said. 

 "Aww!" they said putting their hands on their hearts. 

 "And I think I'm in love with him." I furrowed my brow. 

 "Aww!" they said again not moving. 

 "And I think he's in love with me too." I said. 

 "AWW!!" they said again

 "Oh would you two stop doing that?" I said. 

 "Sorry," they said in unison again. 

 I opened the closet door and gestured for them to go out. I came out behind them and saw my little dog Ceaser sitting on my bed. I picked him up. 

 "Hey Cece," I said. 

 "So explain to me why you think you're in love with my overly flirty little brother?" Rydel started petting Ceaser "Not that I don't think it's cute." 

 "I honestly don't know. He's just so sweet and strong... and caring."

 "Aww," Camila said. 

 "That is kind of sweet," Rydel smiled "And gross... Like I really wanna throw up now so... Thanks for that." she laughed. 

 I fell down onto my bed with Ceaser still in my arms. Mom came into my room just then. 

 "Hey sweet pea, you're dad wants to see you on the tarace." she said. 

 "Ok mom." I put Cece down and flipped off my bed.

 Then I walked into the hall and out onto the tarace thinking this is not going to be good.