Part 40

Chapter Forty: Ross's P.O.V.- 

 My arms were wrapped around something warm and soft. I opened my eyes and saw that it was Carter. My arms were around her waist. I pulled her closer causing her to stir. She rolled over, her back facing me. Her shirt was sliding down her shoulder. I kissed her shoulder gently the moved the sleever her her shirt back over it. She stired again. 

 "If you were trying to wake me up sweetly, then it worked." she said still groggy. 

 "I wasn't trying to, but it's a plus that you're awake." I said.

 "Did  you bring yourself some clothes?" she asked. 

 "Yeah, they're down in my car." I said. 

 "Hungry?" she rolled over and looked at me. 

 "Starving," I said. 

 "Let me go check out the humanity situation around the house and I'll come back for you." she said.

 She stood up. Her shirt covered her shorts. I fell onto my back and looked at the ceiling. 

 "Everybodies gone," she came back into the room. 

 "Even Camila?" I asked. 

 "Yeah," she said. 

 I pulled her onto me. 

 "With people gone I can kiss you without people being all 'ew'." I said. 

 Her hair was a curtain on the side of her face. I tucked her hair behind her ear and caressed her cheek. She looked down at my lips. I cupped her chin and kissed her gently. Her lips were softest in the morning; her hair fell in the prettiest waves. She pulled away. 

 "If we don't get up now we never will." she stated. 

 "You're probably right." I sighed. 

 "Come on boxer boy." she smiled. 

 "Boxer boy?" I followed her out of the room. 

 When we got to the kitchen she placed my hands on her hips. 

 "Pancakes," she said "Plain or chocolate chip?"

 "Gotta be chocolate chip." I said. 

 She began mixing the batter and put it in the pan as I hugged her from behind. I brushed my lips against he,r once again, bare shoulder. 

 "None of that unless you want burnt pancakes." she said. 

 "The trade off is nice." I said into her shoulder. 

 She shot me a look. 

 She finished the pancakes and let me cook the bacon. I didn't want her getting a grease burn from the spitting oil. When it was all ready we sat on the couch. She arched her legs over my lap and stared blankly at the television. I left it on some celebrity gossip channel. The top gossip anchor said as follows: 

 "Well, it's offical! Teen heartthrob Ross Lynch is off the market. A source reported that he's dating the heriess to the Stonewell empire, Carter Stonewell. Yesterday they were spotted getting cozy at the park. Check our Twitter feed for more news on the new teenage power couple. Help us make a couple name for the duo. Post your suggestions on our FaceBook page. This is Gale Harrison with your celeb morning news." 

 Carter took the remote from me and turned off the TV. 

 "My life is OVER!!" she said. 

 She got off the couch and went to the kitchen. 

 "It's not that bad." I said. 

 "NOT THAT BAD!" she yelled "YOU'RE NOT THE ONE WHO'S GONNA GET HATE FOR THIS! I AM!" 

 "You're not going to get hate, C! Trust me." I tried to handle this calmly. 

 She looked at me with the most vicious look. 

 "Every girl in THE WORLD loves you!" she said "I- I just don't measure up to the people you should date." 

 "Who do you think I sould date?" I folded my arms in an angry sort of gesture. 

 "Everybody really want 'Raura' to happen." she shrugged. 

 "WHAT THE HECK IS 'RAURA' ANYWAY?" I yelled. 

 "You and Laura's couple name." she said "Just go out with someone who matters, cause I don't." 

 "STOP!" I yelled "I'm not going to watch you beat yourself up like this! I'm going to date who I wanna date! And I want to date YOU!" 

 "I really don't want to get hate for this." she leaned against the counter. 

 "If you get hate then somethings are going to change." I said. 

 "Like what?" she asked. 

 I could see tears coming out of her eyes. 

 "I'll quit Austin and Ally, I'll quit R5. I'll get rid of the things that have a fan base. So what if I become a 'has been' you're my 'always will be' and that's all I need." I hugged her tight. 

 "You'd stop doing everything you love... just for me?" she asked. 

 "You don't see yourself clearly do you? Do you see the way I look at you everyday? You're what I love most in the world. Never forget that. End of disscussion." 

 "But-" I cut her off by pressing my lips to her's. 

 She tried talking while I kissed her. 

 "Shut up!" I mumbled against her lips. 

 The front door opened. 

 "Yes I'm home now, Kay. Huh, my sister's making out with some guy, who's wearing boxers, in our kitchen... I don't know if I should feel disgusted or proud." Camila's voice trailed down the hall. 

 Carter pulled away laughing and looked around me at her sister.