Part 24

Chapter TwentyFour- Still Ross's P.O.V-

 Carter and I were sitting in my desk chair. Just holding onto each other. I was sitting on the actual chair and she was sitting on my lap. I had my arm around her shoulders and my other arm around her waist. Her long, wavy, hair was flowing over her shoulder and her side bangs were getting into her eyes. She moved them away with her hand and gave me my favorite look. She looked at me from underneath her eye lashes. Her gold eyes as sparkely as ever. I kissed her nose and pressed my forhead to hers. Her fingers were going through the back of my hair. 

 "Hey Babe," I whispered.

 "Yeah," she whispered back with her eyes closed. 

 "I-," I was cut off with Rydel blowing the door all the way open. 

 "Oh... Sorry," Rydel said "Mom says that dinner's ready."

 "We'll be down in a minute." I said.

 "Okay," she said and walked out.

 "So what was it that you wanted to tell me?" Carter looked at me.

 "Oh... Um...Never mind." I said grazing my finger tips in small circles on her arm. 

 "No what is it? It sounds important." she adjusted herself in my lap so that she could see me. 

 "I was  just going to tell you... How much I love you." I smiled at her.

 She had my hand in her lap and was playing with it. As I said that she intertwined out fingers. 

 "You have no idea how much I love you." she said rolling her eys in a unbelievably cute way.

 "Really?" I asked with a smirk.

 "Don't even THINK about it." she knew what I was thinking.

 "How do you know what I dream about?" I asked her. 

 She laughed, put some hair behind her ear, and said "You're weird,"

 "Am not," I protested. 

 "Are to," she said, lightly placing her hand on my cheek. 

 "Am not," I said wrapping both of my arms around her. 

 "Are to," she whispered before kissing my lips. 

 I put my hands on hip. 

 "Alright, I fold... but I'm not too weird." I sighed.

 "But still weird," she said.

 I laughed. 

 "Come on," she said "I'm hungery," she touched the part of my chest that was over my heart. 

 "Ok," I said. 

 She stood up and I got up after her and lightly moved her to the side so I didn't run into her. I pulled my shirt over my head.

 "Because you had to do that?" she mumbled, hopingI wouldn't hear her. 

 "What was that?" I asked.

 "Nothing," she blushed as we walked down the stairs.

 "Mmm- Hmmm," I gave her a skeptical look.

 Carter smiled up at me. We rounded a couple of corners and went into the kitchen. My family was all out side. We went outside and saw burgers and hot dogs on the out door table. 

 "Hey nice of you two to show up." Mom said with a laugh. 

 "We were only talking mom... I promise." I said to her. 

 "Ok... I believe that." she said causeing everyone to laugh. 

 I looked at Carter and saw she was blushing. I touched her arm. She smiled sheepishly at me. 

 "He's telling the truth... Girl scouts honor." Carter laughed. 

 "You were a girl scout?" Dad asked. 

 "Yeah... Like when I was 8." she said.

 "That's cute," I smiled at her. 

 "I wasn't cute... I  was adorable." she said. 

 I laughed. I made Carter and me burgers and we ate while the family talked. I coulld tell that they were steering clear of all subjects of touring. Thank goodness. We played in the pool awhile till it started thundering ang lightning. I saw Carter tnce up alittle when the thunder cracked. I walked up to her and put a comforting arm around her while we walked inside. My dad turned on the news. 

 "Servear thunder storm warning for most parts of California. The warning will last till midnight. Until then we are advising you to stay where you are and keep flashlights close at hand. Now back to our regularly scheduled programs." the weather anchor said. 

 Carter started to fidget a little.

 "Well I guess I'm spending the night here... Rydel do you have some pajams I could borrow?" she looked at Rydel. 

 "Yeah... but I don't think we're the same shirt size." Rydel said. 

 "I could give her a shirt." I said looking down at the shivering Carter in my arms. 

 "Ok," Carter said. 

 Carter, Rydel, and I went up stairs. Rydel handed carter a pair of plaid Hollister sleep shorts. Carter came into my room and sat on my bed. I handed  her a black L.A. Kings shirt. 

 "Here you go." I said placing it on her lap. 

 She didn't look at me. 

 "Hey... What's wrong?" I asked her.  

 "I'm terrified of thunder storms." she said blushing.

 "I think that is probably the cutest thing I have ever heard." I smiled at her. 

 "Ya think so?" she asked in a disbelieving voice. 

 "Yeah... Cause then I can protect you from something. For a minute there I thought you were fearless." I laughed. 

 "Definitely NOT fearless." she laughed. 

 I kissed her cheek and said "I'll leave you to get changed, but then I'll be right back." 

 "Ok," she smiled. 

 I stepped outside of the door and waited ten minutes then I knocked on the door. 

 "Ya done?" I asked. 

 "Yeah," her muffled voice said. 

 I opened the door and saw her looking out the window. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her. 

 'I'm not going to let it hurt you." I whispered. 

 "I don't doubt that." she looked at me. 

 I looked at the time, it said 8:45 pm. 

 "I'm going to go to bed now." she said. 

 "Ok... I'll be up in a little bit. Me and my brothers are going to play some video games in Riker's room." I said.

 "Oh alright," she said getting under the covers of my bed. 

 "I'll be back in an hour tops." I kissed her head. 

 "You better," she smiled. 

 I watched her drift off to sleep then left the room. She was so beautiful when she was sleeping.