Part 31

Chapter ThirtyOne: Carter's P.O.V-

 I got the feeling that Ross was on to me and Rose. Just when I was about to say something our waiter came back with our food. When Deluca left I was going to say somthing again but Ross started talking with Riley again so I figured I'd tell him later. 

 "So how do you guys like Cali?" I asked Rose. 

 "We love it! Especially the sun. We hardly ever see the sun in London." she said back. 

 "You guys should go to some of the beaches." I said "They are so beautiful. Oh and you need to go to the City Walk!" 

 I was giving her tourist advice like I was one myself. Ross and Riley were talking about going to a L.A. Kings game together when Rose and I decided that we just HAD to go to the beach together some time. 

 "RossBear," I said "I think it's time to get going." I looked at my watch 1:30. 

 "Yep," he said "It was really nice meeting you guys." 

 "You too, man," Riley shook Ross's hand. 

 "I'll see you next Monday, Rose." I said hugging her. 

 "I can't wait." she said excitedly. 

 I looked at Ross who had his arm wrapped around me. 

 "Come on gorgeous," he said. 

 "Ok handsome," I smiled up at him. 

 "They act like they're married." Riley said. 

 "I know right," Rose replied. 

 I felt Ross chuckle. I kissed his cheek. When we were outside he opened my door for me and then he jogged around to the driver's side. We drove back to my apartment and parked the car. 

 "I can't wait to show you what I bought today!" I said. 

 "That sounds like fun." Ross smirked as we got onto the elevator. 

 I stretched up onto my tippy toes and kissed his perfect lips. When the kiss was over we walked off the elevator and down the hall to my loft. I dropped my bag as soon as we got in side. 

 "So let's go down to my room and I'll show you what I got." I pulled him by his hand. 

Ross's P.O.V-

 Carter pulled me by the hand down to her room. 

 "So this is my room." she said "Make yourself comfortable." 

 She walked into her closet and I kicked off my shoes and pulled off my button down shirt and was left with the white muscle shirt that I had put on under the button down.

 "You have a nice room," I said "Do you share it with your siser?" 

 "Thank you and no, this room is all mine!" she said. 

 "Wow, pretty big room for such a small girl." I smiled as I looked at her ceiling. 

 Above her bed were posters of me. That's good to know with out seeing me before she goes to bed every night she still see me. 

 "Size doesn't mat-" she stopped talking. 

 I looked over at her. 

 "What?" I asked "You said to make yourself comfortable. So... I did!" 

 "I said make yourself comfortable... Not a distraction!" she smiled. 

 "Oh so this," I gestured to my arms "distracts you?" I asked. 

 "Just a bit," she sat on the bed with me. 

 "Well," I pulled her closer "Let's distract you alittle more." 

 I kissed her mouth. I felt her smile through the kiss as I wrapped my arms around her body. She pulled back a bit. 

 "So what were we doing... Ya  know... Before that?" she asked. 

 "You were showing me the things you got today." I said as she turned her head to look at all the bags on her bed. 

 "That's right!" she snapped her fingers. 

 She turned to face the bags while I still had my arms wrapped around her while I sat behind her.

 "So.. Um.. This is the top I was thinking of wearing tomorrow." she held up a black lacey V neck shirt. 

 "That's pretty," I said.

 "Ya think?," she giggled. 

 "I'd love to see what that tops looks like on." I played with her hair. 

 "Why?" she asked. 

 "Do you want my oppinion on if you should wear it tomorrow or not?" I asked.

 A few seconds later she came out. She looked beautiful! She was beautiful enough to make me go CRAZY!

 "I officially love that!" I said "You look AMAZING!" 

 "Really?" she said looking in the mirror "You don't think it makes me look... I don't know... Like I'm desperate?" 

 "No," I said looking at her shocked.

 "Why are you looking at me like that?" she blushed. 

 "Because of how CRAZY beautiful you look in that outfit. You look fantastic in black." I said. 

 She turned her back to me and looked in the mirror, then she turned from side to side checking herself out. 

 "You're right," she said "I do look great!" she laughed.

 "Like I would lie to you about that!" I said "You look B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!" I spelled it out for her.

 "Flattery won't get you anywhere." she looked at me and put her hands on her hips. 

 "Probably not, but I can still try can't I?" I asked. 

 "Since I know you're going to anyway I'll let you. Besides the compliment boost my self esteem." she laughed. 

 I laughed with her as she went back into the closet to change back into her original top. She jumped back up on the bed next to me. 

 "So what's next?" I asked. 

 "Grab a couple of bags and follow me to the living room." I said.

 "Alright," I said. 

 "Remember before you fold them take off the tags and stickers." I said when we sat on the couch.

 "Yeah yeah yeah," I said. 

 "Well if you know how to do it then do it faster Lynch. Cause I'm tired." I said.

 I laughed.

 "Why are you always tired?" I asked.

 "Oh I don't know... probably cause I'm always busy." she said.

 "Ok, I'm starting now." I said taking a bag and digging through it. 

 After a while the task at hand became easy. We talked along the way and I realized something. I realized that Riley was right. Car and I do act like we're married... but I like it that way. 

 "I'll be right back," she said "I'm just gonna change my shirt." 

 "Ok," I kissed her cheek. 

 I kept folding her clothes until I got to the bottom of  the bag.

 "Hey I'm done," I said. 

 "Yeah," her voice was muffled by the door and the walls of her room.

 She laughed. Just then I saw the door open. 

 "Oh hey Ross," Mrs. Stonewell said. 

 "Hi Mrs. Stonewell," I said. 

 "Carter... Ya home?" she asked.

 "Yeah... I'm in my room!" Carter called back.