Part 22

Chapter TwentyTwo: Ross's P.O.V.-

 I was sitting on the couch not really paying attention to the horror movie flashing across the T.V. screen. Laura was sitting close next to me and every time I would move away from her to give her space she would scoot close to me again. I was very uncomfortable. I longed to have Carter here with me. 

 "We're out of popcorn again." Raine said.

 "I'll get it!" I jumped off the couch with the bowl in hand and jogged to the kitchen.

 I tossed the popcorn in the microwave and pulled out my phone. I texted Carter "Baby, come back to me I miss you." It was true that I missed her but I really just wanted to keep Laura away from me.

Carter's P.O.V.-

 "Riley please let me carry something!" Rosie complained.

 "Nope," he said.

 "PLEASE," she whined.

 "You could carry your purse. It's not cool for a man of my age to carry around a zebra print purse." he said handing it to her.

 Rose laughed and said "Better something than nothing." and slid it onto her shoulder 

 I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I pulled it out and saw it was a text from Ross. It said, “Baby come back to me I miss you.” I smiled at it like an idiot.

 “Ross misses me,” I whispered to myself.

 “What?” Rosie asked.

 “Uh… My boyfriend misses me.” I said.

 “Since when do you have a boyfriend and why didn’t you tell me?” she asked.

 “Since yesterday and I just hadn’t gotten around to it yet.” I said. 

 “Hi I’m Riley,” Riley said.

 “I’m Rydel and this is Carter.” Rydel answered for the both of us.

 “We gotta go now so everybody pile in the van.” I said.

 They put their things in the trunk of Rydel’s car as I got into the passenger seat. They got into the back seat and we drove them to their hotel.

Rydel’s P.O.V.-

 “So how did you guys meet?” I asked.

 “We both at this newspaper after The Journal back home and he’s sort of my partner. Right now we’re working on this story about the band R5.” Rosie said.

 “Really… What about?” Carter asked.

 “Uh-Oh…” I thought.

 “Their putting on a-“ I cut Rosie off.

 “A charity fundraiser for orphanages in London.” I lied.

 “Huh,” I thought “Maybe I’m better at lying than I thought… It isn’t lying if you’re protecting someone right?”

 Rosie look at me confused. I shot her a look that said ‘I’ll explain later’. She just nodded. We pulled into a hotel parking lot and let off Rosie and Riley. They got their stuff out and went inside.

 “So what kind of fundraiser are you guys hosting?” Carter asked.

 “Uh-Oh… I knew I shouldn’t have said that.” I thought fidgeting in my seat.

 “We’re not exactly hosting it… We’re more like… Sponsoring it.” I lied again.

 “Well it’s still really sweet of you.” She said.

 We pulled into the driveway of my house. I put the car in park and just sat there.

 “Are you going to turn off the car?” she asked unstrapping and putting her hand on the door handle.

 “Uh… You go ahead I’ll be in in a minute.” I said “Go cuddle with Ross or something.”

 She laughed and walked inside. When I saw the front door close behind her I let out a sigh of relief. I leaned my head back on my seat and said out loud “I can’t BELIEVE I just lied to the girl who’s like my new sister!”

Carter’s P.O.V.-

 “That was weird.” I said out loud after getting out of Rydel’s car.

 I knocked on the door. Ross yanked me inside and kissed me. My back was against the wall. His hands were on my hips.

 “You were gone far too long.” He said.

 “I know I missed you too.” I said.

 “The movie’s almost over. Then you and I can get some dinner or something.” He intertwined our fingers and pulled me into the living room.

 Before he pulled me onto his lap he sat down in between Calum and the arm of the couch. I kicked off my shoes and tossed my legs over the arm of the couch. I wrapped my arms around his neck and snuggled into him. I breathed in the scent of his cologne and was soon fast asleep. I woke up to the pulsing music of the credits of the movie. I shot straight up and took in a breath of air. I felt a hand rubbing circles on my back. I look behind me and saw Ross with a concerned look on his face.

 “You ok love?” he asked me.

 “I had a bad dream.” I rubbed my eyes and leaned back into Ross.

 “Aw what about?” he kissed my head.

 “Nothing… Really… You lied to me and then you left.” I said laying my head  on his chest.

 “Oh,” he said.

 “You wouldn’t do that… Would you?” I asked.

 “No,” he said.

 I believed him and I snuggled up to him.