Part 32

Chapter ThirtyTwo: Carter's P.O.V.-

 I was putting my new clothes into my drawers and my closet when my mom walked into my room.

 "Hey sweetie," she said.

 "Hey mom," I said back.

 "How's you're day going?" she asked.

 "Pretty well actually." I smiled. 

 "Good," she said sitting down on my bed.

 "Productive shopping day, I see." she laughed picking up one of the shopping bags still on my bed. 

 "Yeah," I said "The mall was having one of it's huge sales so Cam, Kay and I went to check it out." I put the put the book down.  

 "Glad you had fun," she said. 

 "And I got Kaylynn a birthday present. She's going to flip when she sees it." I said. 

 "Good... I think," she said.

 I laughed as the awkward silence sowllowed us whole. 

 "So your father and I are going out tonight and we won't be back till late." she said after a while. 

 "Ok," I said "But you guys are going to be at Kay's party right?" I asked, almost affraid of the answer. 

 "No," she said "Why?" 

 I internally sighed "No reason,"

 My parents had never heard me sing and I was really hoping that they would want to... But I guess they didn't. I guess I never told them that I was singing at the party... It's not their fault(intirely). 

 "Oh also your Aunt Reba called and told me that she changed the wedding venue back to Texas and that she has a different bridesmaid dress for you." Mom got up and walked toward the door. 

 "Again?" I asked swirling my head around. 

 "I guess," she said "She's having the ceremony on the grounds and the reception in the new barn they built. You and Camila will fly out on July second and spend the whole week there." she said. 

 "You guys aren't coming with us?" I asked. 

 "No, Tony's going to be away on business and I'll be with some old high school friends." she said putting her hand on my door way. 

 "Oh," I said looking at my hands. 

 Typical. My dad wouldn't show up to his own sister's wedding. Look at that my dad just won the best brother of the year award! NOT! 

 "I've got to get back to work." mom said "I'll see you tomorrow." she kissed my head. 

 "Bye," I said. 

 She walked towards the door just as Ross was coming down the hall. 

 "Have a nice day Mrs. Stonewell." he smiled at her. 

 "You too, Ross," she smiled back at him. 

 I was sitting on my bed watching the whole exchange. When mom was out of sight I let a tear slip down my cheek.

 "Hey," Ross said "What's wrong?" he put his arms around me and pulled me back into him.

 "Nothing," I said. 

 I didn't even believe me. 

 "I know there's something wrong with you, but for right now I'll let it slide." he said. 

 "You love me right?" I looked at him. 

 "OF COURSE!" he said "Where did you get the crazy idea that I didn't?!" he asked. 

 "I don't know," I said "I was just checking." 

 "I'll always love you." he said befor kissing my head. 

 "Promise me that you won't love any other girl." I said snuggeling up to him. 

 "I can't do that." he said. 

 "Oh so there's someone else?" I asked enraged. 

 "Not now but there will be." he said.

 "What does she look like, whats her name?" I asked. 

 "I don't know her name yet, but I know she'll look just like you and she'll call you mommy." he whispered in my ear. 

 "Aww!" I smiled. 

 "I know... I'm a nice guy." he looked down into my eyes and smiled. 

 "You are," I pulled his head down and kissed him. 

 "Mmmm," he said after kissing me "Watermellon," 

 I laughed. 

 "I love you, I love you, I love you." he said. 

 "I love you more," I said. 

 "No I love you more,"  he said. 

 "NO, I love you more," I said. 

 "Oh really?" he laughed. 

 I turned my head and kissed him sweetly. After a few moments I pulled away from the kiss and smiled.

 "NOW can I take a nap?" I asked.

 "Not with out me." he said.

 "Of course not," I laughed "I can't sleep without my RossBear." I snuggled into him.

 "Good," he said. 

 I rested my head on the left side of his chest and listened to his heart beat. As I did I fell fast asleep. His heart beat was like a lullaby. Putting me to sleep on beat at a time.