Part 8

Chapter 8:

 The sun had already gone down but Ross and I were still sitting in the sand looking at the stars.

 "So you're twin sister Camila is moving in with you, your mom, and dad?" he asked. 

 "Yeah," I said "I haven't seen her since our birthday at the beginning of the month." the wind was blowing through my hair.

 "And you miss her." he said.

 "Yes, very much." I looked out at the waves crashing on the sand.

 Ross put his right hand on my left cheek and pulled my face back to his. I could tell he was trying to kiss me yet again, but he didn't go for my lips. He put his mouth to my forehead. I closed my eyes and let the feeling of his smooth, warm lips send tingles in a shock wave of tingles through my body. 

 "Um," I said looking at the watch and seeing it was 9:30 "I have to go." I got up and ran back to the entrance of the beach.  

 "Wait," Ross called running after me.

 "What?" I whirled around.

 He caught up to my and took my hand and asked "How do you feel about me now?" I looked at the time on my phone again. 

 "I'll tell you later." I said.

 I ran across the street, down the sidewalk, past the grove, on to the stretch to my apartment, and in through the service door that Merida had thrown open for me. 

 "What took you so long?" They asked  in unison.

 "I was talking to Ross!" I said running to the elevator and pressing the up button.

 The elevator seemed to be taking longer than usual, but I finally made it up to the loft. It was about 9:50 when I threw my stuff onto the couch and hurried down the hall trying to make it look like I had been here all night.  I turned on the shower and jumped in. That only took about 5 minutes then I ran to my room, put on some pj's and flung myself into bed.  Mom came in just then.

 "Hey sweetie!" she smiled and sat on my bed.

 "Hey mom," I yawned.

 "I know you're tired, but I saw your light on and I figured I'd come in and say goodnight." she kissed my forehead which made me think of the warm fuzzy feeling I got like 30 minutes ago, which reminded me of Ross.

 "Goodnight mama!" I kissed her cheek.

 She turned off my light and closed my door behind her as she left.

 "That was wild." I said looking at the celling. 

 I snuggled into my sheets and went to sleep.