Part 6

Chapter Six: Carters P.O.V.

 "Oh my gosh!" I said "I can't believe that just happened!" 

 "Well believe it sister because he was TOTALLY checking you out!" she linked her arm through mine as we walked through the mall.

 "Are you like psychic or something?" I asked.

 "If you think I am then sure!" she said.

 We were on our way to the front of the mall to wait for Kaylynn's mom to pick us up. I kept replaying what happened over and over in my mind. He winked at me and hugged me like it was his job. It felt nice. He was so cute and soft and he smelled like a fresh summer breeze!  He was completely gorgeous!

 “So when do you think you’ll see him again?” Kaylynn asked as we sat down on a bench outside of the mall.

 “Probably never,” I replied running my hand through my hair.

 “Oh, I almost forgot I got Rocky’s number.” She smiled.

 “Well look at you little miss I’m not ready for a boyfriend yet.” I laughed.

 “I saw him and almost died!” she replied.

 “Right,” I laughed as Kaylynn’s mom pulled up.  

 I hopped into her mom’s van and buckled up.

 “How was it girls?” Mrs. Gomez asked.

 “It was amazing, and Ross was totally checking Carter out.” Kaylynn said.

 “Really?”

 “Yeah, he winked at her and he had a jaw drop moment!” Kaylynn was now on the edge of her seat just telling the story.

 “Good for you Carter!” Mrs. Gomez smiled into the rear view mirror.

 “Uh…Thanks,” I said.

 The rest of the ride home was basically just Kay telling her mom of the events that had recently occurred. My mind was tuning the whole thing out because I figured I would never see him again so what was the use of me even pursuing the idea that I would see him again and then he’d madly in love with me? I saw no use but apparently Kaylynn and her mother did.  As we pulled on to the stretch that took us too my house the most horrible thought popped into my mind… What if he thought I wasn’t pretty at all and was just being overly nice?(wait… Isn’t being overly nice like flirting? Must ask Kaylynn later)

 “Alright sweet pea,” Mrs. Gomez said to me “This is your stop.”

 “Thanks for the ride Mrs. Gomez.” I smiled as I got out of the car “See ya at school tomorrow; it’s the last day as freshmen!” I hugged Kaylynn.

 “Eep!” she hugged back.

 I walked closed the door as I got out and walked inside.

 “Hey beautiful,” I heard a voice say from behind.

 I turned and(shock beyond all shock)there stood Ross Lynch… In my dad’s apartment building.

 “Uh… Hi…?” I said rather sheepishly.

 “I was wondering if you wanted to grab dinner with me?” he put his hands in his pockets.

 “Uhh… Wait here,” I said.

 “I didn’t plan on moving.” He smiled down at me.

 “Right,” I said turning to walk away.

 I walked into the kitchen where my Nannie always hung out with her friends Mary Beth, Nancy, Clair, and Martha.

 “Merida,” I said as I walked up to my red headed Nannie.

 “Oh hello dear.” She said with her native Scottish accent “How’s my beautiful Scottish Princess?” she asked hugging me.

 “I’m great, but there’s a boy out there that wants to take me out to dinner… What do I do?” I asked.

 “Our little Carie has a gentleman caller?” Martha asked in her thick country accent.

 “Uh yeah I guess.” I said with a weird look on my face.

 “Let’s see what he looks like.” Nancy walked her way over to the door.

 She and the rest of the ladies stuck their heads out the door.

 “Is he that tall, handsome, blonde that looks like a lost puppy?” Mary Beth asked.

 “Yes,” I blushed.

 “SAY YES!” they all said turning back to look at me.

 “Alright, I’ll say yes then.” I walked out and back to my hot blonde lost puppy.

 “My nannies say that I can go.” I smiled.

 “Nannies like plural… With an s?” he asked.

 “Um… Kind of,” I blushed.

 “I didn’t really peg you as that big a handful.” He laughed.

 “I’m not their like my friends.” I laughed.

 “Even if you were I’m a sucker for a challenge.” He winked at me.

 “I figured,” I looked up at him from underneath my eyelashes.

 He took my hand and pulled me out the door. I was a sucker for a sweet guy with brown eyes that always took your hand without warning. He pulled me outside to a car that I assume was his. I was about to have a my first date ever with Ross Shor Lynch… I don’t think anyone has it better than me.