Part 11

Chapter Eleven: Ross's P.O.V.

 For the rest of the game I helped Carter bowl. My brothers said that it was cheating, but our parents and sisters thought it was sweet of me to help her out. Not only did I like helping her but I liked have her body close to mine, her hair hanging in my face(her hair smelled like frosting!). When the games ended her and I were sitting by each other when she seemed to remember something. She grabbed her phone and dialed a number. I tied my regular shoes back on and looked up at her and noticed her watching me. I smiled at her and touched her nose with with my index finger. 

 "Thanks, Merida." she scrunched up her face at my touch. 

 She hung up her phone and slipped it back into her bag. 

 "So how do you feel about me NOW?" I asked taking a swig of water. 

 "You never stop do you hottie?" she laughed.

 I spit out my water and started coughing. 

 "Oh my gosh, Ross are you ok?" she asked, putting her hand on my back. 

 "Yeah," I coughed out "What did you say?" 

 "Nothing," she said. 

 "Mmmm- Hmmm," I said "Anyway do you like me?"

 "I do... You're nice," she shrugged.

 "Ah... Nice..." I looked at my hands. 

 "You know I mean it in a good way." she hit my arm.

 "I'm just messing with you... but you should have seen your face." I laughed.

 "Funny," She laughed.

 "I pick a few things up along the way." I shrugged.

 She brushed hair out of her eyes and blushed.

 "You're cute when you're shy." I smiled. 

 "Really?" she gave me an 'are you for real' look. 

 "Heck yes!" I said with a look of 'duh' on my face. 

 I was leaning down to kiss her when her sister grabbed her arm and dragged her off. I got up and followed them. 

 "Alright," my mom said "We'll meet you at you guys' apartment for pizza."

 I walked up behind from behind Carter and stood at her side. I put my arm on her shoulder and leaned on her. She looked over at me. 

 "Here's a wild idea," Mrs. Stonewell started "Why doesn't Carter go with you guys to get the pizza?" 

 I was beaming on the inside.

 "That sounds like a good idea." my mom winked at her mom, and her mom gave my mom a knowing nod.

 Carter looked back at me and I shrugged.

 "To the van kids!" dad said.

 My siblings ran out the door and so did my parents, but I stayed behind with Carter as she said bye to her parents.

 "Bye Mama, I love you!" she kissed her mom and dad's cheeks. 

 She and I walked out and as we did I slid my arm around her shoulders. 

 "I like you too." I whispered in her ear. 

 She smiled and leaned into me. Ahh love... You never cease to amaze me.